Graphic Design and Geometrical Design Teacher
- Post Date:September 25, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0922-07Location Kabul
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
The Turquoise Mountain Institute for Afghan Arts and Architecture (TMI) is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit vocational training institute established in 2006, providing high-quality training across four schools: calligraphy & miniature painting, woodworking, ceramics, and jewellery and gem cutting. The Institute is registered with the Afghan Technical and Vocational Education and Training Independent Authority- TVET-A and is also accredited with City & Guilds, a UK-based vocational training body. The Institute is funded by the Trust but is overseen by its own Board of Directors.
You are fully responsible to teach Graphic Design and Geometrical Design subject and manage classes based on academic standards. Your duties will range from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in. On top of this you will also have to arrange any extracurricular activities and set targets for your pupils. you must report from all your class related activities to the education officer or institute director, you will teach Graphic Design and Geometrical Design very updated techniques to the 10th-15th class students based on the current curriculum. you as Graphic Design and Geometrical Design teacher will also have the responsibility to review this subject current curriculum and or produce the new one if required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching free hand drawing (TARAHI AZAD) techniques, based on academic standards.
- Teaching practical classes for color making.
- Responsible to teach all geometry and geometrical design aspects.
- Teach Artistic and Islamic geometrical designs.
- Teach drawing techniques and improve students’ skills in drawing.
- Prepare slides and chapter notes for students for each individual groups.
- Prepare chapters notes for needs of the courses.
- Leading the students towards the high level of Art skills.
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes.
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students’ Progress and development.
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment.
- Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Preparing students for qualifications and external examinations.
- Managing students’ behavior in the classroom and on school premises and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
- Participating in departmental meetings and whole school training events.
- Liaising with other professionals, such as education officer and Institute director.
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular on job training as part of continuing professional development.
- Teaching in the institute, which takes students aged 15-25, teaching the institute Graphic design and Geometrical Design curriculum appropriate to the age of the students.
- Plans lessons in line with targeted objectives to ensure that students learn. He/she also encourage, monitor, and record the progress of his/her students.
- Support, observe and record the progress of his/her class. He/she also plan lessons in line with targeted objectives with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
- Keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods, and objectives. The instructor liaises and networks with other professionals, parents, and careers both informally and formally.
- Reviewing the current Graphic Design and Geometrical Design curriculum and /or develop the new curriculum if required.
- Other given tasks by the head of Department or TMI authorities.
- Have diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Art field or Graphic Design or any other relevant fields.
- Having successful 2 years teaching experience.
- Having the best communication skill.
- Ability to teach course on the collegiate level.
- Ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods, related to students and facilitate learning.
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: vacancy.af[email protected] by no later than 08 October 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0922-07” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.