- Post Date:December 9, 2022
- Views 25
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IDLO/36/22Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development, and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity, and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int, or follow us on Twitter @IDLOnews.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Program Manager (FPM), the Grants Manager Consultant will execute the grants process in collaboration with the Supporting Access to Justice in Afghanistan (SAJA) project team, Organizational Capacity Building (OCB), Monitoring & Reporting (M&R), and Finance and Procurement units of the IDLO Afghanistan Country Office to manage contracts and deadlines, track the deliverables of implementing partners (IPs) that receive grants and ensure compliance. She/he will also actively and regularly engage with projects and core team members, partners, and other stakeholders to collaboratively carry out their responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Grants Manager Consultant will be responsible for the following:
§ Based on IDLO’s policies, processes, and procedures formalize working relationship with implementing partners (IPs) throughout the life of the project.
§ Develop work plan and a matrix of responsibilities for the relevant IDLO team including the project teams, Finance, Procurement, and M&R units in their support of IPs.
§ Work closely with the M&R unit to establish a monitoring and evaluation mechanism to track the implementation of the grants.
§ Support project team to monitor implementation of grants as agreed in the grant contract by tracking terms of grants including work plan and milestones to be achieved under the funds.
§ Prepare tools with the project team to help in the close out of each grant.
§ Conduct at least two workshops for relevant national staff of IDLO to develop their capacity on grants management.
§ Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Grants seeking workshop:
§ Conduct a needs assessment of select justice-sector civil society organizations (CSOs) and design a workshop on how to win and manage grants.
§ Conduct workshop on the identified grants-related topics for CSOs.
§ Conduct workshop by inviting CSOs and IPs to share lessons learned and success stories of their efforts.
Ideal Candidate Profile
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Project Management, or related fields.
· At least eight years of working experience in the field of Grants Management with donors, and international organizations. Experience in working with organizations implementing Rule of Law programs would be an advantage.
· Experience conducting grants workshops.
· Fluency in English and Dari (required). Knowledge of Pashto would be an advantage.
· Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and monitoring grants.
· Excellent organizational skills and experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
· Strong command over written and verbal communication.
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Preferably, a good understanding of the legal service delivery in Afghanistan.
· Ability to work within a team and provide support to other staff members at the Afghanistan County Office.
· Ability to perform with cross-functional teams and projects
· Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
· Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and the Internet.
· Strong problem-solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our email [email protected] , submit your resume, and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.