- Post Date:October 10, 2022
- Views 81
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 60000 - 63876 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 224/22Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The Grant Manager will support the Country in strategic and operational stewardship over donor resources by applying a set of relevant systems, policies, procedures and tools to ensure that grants and contracts are donor compliant and best serve the organizational mission. Under the direction of a Country Director while receiving technical support from the HQ Grant Management team, the Grant Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the country program adheres to all its grant management obligations internally within BRAC and externally with donors. This position is empowered to make recommendations for improvements needed within Country Office systems to support donor compliance.
This role will work closely with Fundraising/Program Implementation/Operations and Finance on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis, and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and negotiates the drafting process for financial and narrative reports among different teams, ensuring submission deadlines are met and reports of high quality
• Liaises with the donor/Affiliates regarding any clarifications on reporting dates or changing donor requirements and inform teams accordingly; update tracking systems
• Facilitates Kick Off meetings with a diverse stakeholder group
• Facilitates monthly Grant Review Meetings with a diverse stakeholder group, notes action commitments and follows up to ensure completion;
• Facilitates Close Out meetings and actions
• Participates in Global Grant Management community of practice calls and trainings on behalf of Country Office and applies relevant information and learning internally
• Lead and coordinate Due Diligence of Downstream partners during grant implementation as needed
• Communicates with Affiliates and SMT/CMT regarding donor related issues that require escalation
• Proactively analyses issues and resolve through collaboration with other teams/partners/Affiliates
• Supports adherence to BRAC Grant Management procedures and policies
• Supports adherence to BRAC Sub-Grant Management procedures and policies
• Supports adherence of complex donor compliance requirements across the Country Office and downstream partners through regular communication of compliance elements and training
• Supports the Rapid Assessment process by reviewing all calls for proposals with a compliance lens
• Supports the Donor Contract review process by reviewing contracts with a compliance lens;
• Support teams across Country to ensure all opportunities, proposals, contracts and amendments follow BRAC processes
• Ensure vetting of all partners complete and evidenced
• Support review of proposal budgets to ensure correct budget template and identify questionable costs from donor compliance perspective
• Perform monitoring of grants, grant spending, portfolio spending and perform further analysis to aid in resolution of issues identified
• Maintain portfolio and pipeline tracker for the Country Office
• Maintain reporting tracker for the Country Office
• Use Grant Management System and tools and monitor Country Office portfolio and performance in grant management
• Lead regular grant reviews and other monitoring across allocated portfolio
• Provide regular management information to the SMT/CMT on the performance of the active portfolio (Key Performance Indicators)
• Identify issues in active grant portfolio and apply problem solving skills to resolve these
• Support the SMT/CMT to develop action plans to address issues highlighted by grant metrics and indicators and implement those actions
• Capacity build more junior staff and promote learning in the grant management team, as applicable.
• Encourage professional development among Grants Management team
• Maintain grant files in accordance with BRAC procedures
• Act as Country Office super user and lead on the BRAC Grant Management System, its reporting functions, and ensuring adherence to system guidelines to promote data quality
• Develop expert knowledge of Grant Management System & dashboard functionality, maintain up to date data and use GMS data for decision making
Safeguarding job responsibilities
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Masters degree in Finance or International Development or related field
• 7+ years in development or related field;
• Experience in grants management;
• Experience with NGOs
• Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting; experience of engaging with donors at a strategic level (UNHCR, USAID, GAC, DFAT, DFID)
• Possess basic understanding of program operations including procurement and field realities
• Possess understanding of the full grant cycle including proposal development phase
• Understanding of the financial aspects of grant management, ability to work with Finance Departments on grant management issues
• Show courage and confidence to have tough conversations with other CO teams, donors and Affiliates
• Show high skills in coordination and negotiation
• Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to analyze trends
• Computer literate (i.e. Google Suite/ Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
• Patient, adaptable, able to improvise, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
• Fluent communication (written and spoken) in English
• Knowledge of BRAC, its history, and its programmes and culture desirable
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100