Global Media Manager – Eastern Europe
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Views 107
- Career Level ManagerGender BothIndustry Media and News
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 220003HD
- Location London
The Global Media Manager role is a key position to ensure quality and timely media materials are produced for media organisations and Save the Children members and to ensure visibility of issues affecting children as well as Save the Children’s work. A key part of this role is to secure international/regional media coverage on Eastern Europe, including the war in Ukraine, the refugee response in neighbouring countries and the domino effect on other countries. Ensuring media is an integral part of our emergency response and appropriate and strategic media engagement is pivotal for Save the Children’s advocacy and fundraising and brand.
The post-holder is expected to demonstrate initiative, generate ideas, spot strong news lines, and strengthen the collection and dissemination of media content. The role will provide added support for regional and country offices, including building the capacity of country staff and national partners. It will also support on risk mitigation and management. The Global Media Manager will act as a key focal point for all media requests from members for the Ukraine crisis and refugee response, channel requests to appropriate spokespeople and act as a spokesperson. Fundamental to the job is the ability to gather, consolidate, analyse and share information in a way that is easily understood by news organisations and other stakeholders.
The position is based in London with possible travel throughout the region.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of leading Media activities in a challenging environment and a good knowledge of the Ukraine crisis and refugee response
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of different audiences including journalists and the general public
- Experience of creating media products such as press releases, Q&As, multi-media
- Experience of effective spokespersoning across a range of media
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to build and maintain a strong network of contacts with international journalists as well as identify and build key international partnerships
- Strong knowledge and strategic use of social media
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Word
- Excellent understanding of media activities
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- University degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Multimedia skills, including photography, filming, editing, audio production
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in the region
- European languages an advantage
- Regular travel overseas to fragile and or insecure contexts.
- Ability to plan for and respond to tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Working collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment
- Be available for ‘out of hours’ on-call media work ,with the ability to be on call over weekends several times a year, and to be further available ‘out of hours’ to manage emergency and urgent situations, as and when necessary.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- A commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission, values and approach.
- To keep our promises to children, to safeguard our staff, and to meet our obligations to those who support us and give us funding, we must identify – and effectively manage – the risks we face in all we do.
Where we Work –Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.