Generic Vacancy Announcement, Human Resources Assistant (GS5), Kabul, Afghanistan (Afghan Nationals)
- Post Date:November 27, 2022
- Views 27
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Call Center AgentLocation Kabul
About UNICEF Afghanistan:
NICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Officer/Specialist/Manager/Chief, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Support to business partnering
- Support the business partners in developing initiatives to encourage employee well-being and employee recognition schemes
- Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner
- Support the business partners in assisting clientele in using HR systems such as talent management, agora and achieve.
- Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- Initiates the processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Prepares and circulates internal and external advertisements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications, and ensuring the completion of other background checks.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
- Support in organization design and job classification
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Support in learning & capacity development
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Tracks the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely distribution and enhancing the timely completion and return of appraisals.
- General office support
- Drafting and/or processing a variety of correspondence and other communications
- Setting up and maintaining HR files/records (electronic and paper)
- Scheduling appointments and meetings
- Maintain and generate automated databases containing HR related statistics and generating periodic reports; and performing a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, etc.).
Impact of Results
The impact of the work of HR Assistants affects the delivery of discrete support services and is closely interrelated with the work of other members of the HR team. The work performed affects not only the timely delivery of HR processes but also indirectly the delivery of the client departments’/divisions’/offices’ programmed. They play a key role, as a member of the team, in providing routine and some specialized information both to client’s departments and to more senior members of the HR team on HR procedures and the progress of delivery against standards and deadlines.
- Good knowledge of HR principles, rules, regulations and procedures within the UN
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools as well as good knowledge and skill in using HR systems.
- Ability to extract and format data and to solve operational problems
- Ability to organize own work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Interpersonal and communication
- Takes responsibility to respond to internal and external service needs promptly and proactively; takes initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules and regulations are met. Uses own discretion to address unforeseen situations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValuesUNICEF” rel=”noopener noreferrer” target=”_blank” style=”color: rgb(28, 171, 226);”>https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)