- Post Date:September 21, 2022
- Views 35
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Female
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA# 1173Location Sar-e-Pu
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
WAW is recruiting motivated and qualified staff for the period of 03-months under the UNHCR funded project “Community- based Protection Monitoring in the North and North East Regions”.
The incumbent will be part of the protection monitoring team that contribute to the UNHCR POCs (induced internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugee returnees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The GDT distributor is a core member of the project team and is in charge of carrying out the beneficiary identification and lead the distribution process, distribution site selection process, set up and carry out the distribution and ensure strong community involvement and participation in the project, and will support in the implementation of multi sectorial cash distribution to targeted beneficiaries in both regions.
– Organize and arrange distributions according to SOP defined by the UNHCR.
– Make sure of the successful implementation of all kind distributions planned by the donor, and work with close coordination of UNHCR PFP and PMT to ensure program implementation is on time and targeted beneficiaries are informed as planned.
– Provide the Reporting Officer and RM with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted beneficiaries/ IPDs, security, and distribution reports.
– Collect all data needed for reporting during and after distributions and submit accurate and detailed reports on each distribution to relevant staff members.
– Manage the targeted beneficiaries and draft a plan and follow-up for each distribution.
– Ensuring distributions are calm and efficient and that any disputes are avoided/ resolved.
– Contribute to all field work, participating in distributions, monitoring and supporting staff and beneficiaries during the distribution periods, coordinating with focal points and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned
– Support in all aspects of the distribution process from A to Z, to distribution site set-up, implementation, reconciliation and reporting at the end.
– Any other tasks as assigned by the Regional Manager or Reporting Officer.
– Record results of GDT distribution input using the relevant tools;
– Maintain record on date and figure/number of beneficiaries benefitting from assistances.
– Report the collected data to the Donor and WAW Reporting Officer/Reporting Assistant.
– Report on daily basis to the Reporting Officer and Regional Manager.
– Coordinate on daily basis with UNHCR Provincial Focal points on GDT distribution planning schedules in the site.
– Ensure to involve the Reporting Officer and team in all the major work-related decisions.
– Ensure to inform the Regional Manager with all the related issues and vital information.
– Maintain a good relationship with the other members of the team.
– Maintain good relationships with the beneficiaries and their families in order to understand their perspective on the project and to assist in the success of the project.
Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the emergency programming, team management, community empowerment, distribution of humanitarian aid, outreach and/or monitoring; previous experience in protection programs and/or participatory assessment programs for IDPs and refugee returnees is a strong asset;
– Desirable knowledge of core elements of protection, GBV, child protection, legal aid;
– Bachelor Degree in economics, engineering, political science and public administration.
– Fluency in English, Dari/ Pashtu/Uzbeki.
– Experience in the usage of Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
– Proven abilities to work with IDPs, RRs and host community.
– Experience working with NGOs and demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes of conducts.
– Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
– Very Good organizational skills and ability to analyze information.
– Ability to work under pressure and manage a team.
The candidate should
• Uphold the highest humanitarian standards and principles;
• Have ability and willingness to travel and spend long hours in the field locations;
• Have capacity to work independently and as part of a team;
• Have excellent interpersonal relationships, networking and communication skills;
• Have good analytical skills and capacity to coordinate with a variety of humanitarian actors and local institutions;
• Be able to represent WAW/UNHCR mandate and principles with communities and local authorities, using appropriate messages and methods.
• Understand and be sensitive to local customs
• Be flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
• Be able to work under pressure and be able to prioritize work;
Interested Afghan applicants should submit Cover Letter along with their CVs in One PDF file explaining their interest and suitability for the position.
Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 1173 GDT Distributors/Sar-e- Pul) clearly in the cover letter and in the subject line of your email and send it to: [email protected]
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Related Jobs (7)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job