- Post Date:October 17, 2022
- Views 51
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number 1528Location Kabul
Lapis is a full-service strategic communications agency, headquartered in United Arab Emirates with reach across Middle East, North Africa and Asia. Lapis is part of Moby Group which is established in 2004. Moby Group has advanced the media industry in a number of emerging and frontier markets extending from Central Asia to Middle East and beyond. Moby Group employs over 1000 professionals to deliver its content-driven audience building strategy across 17 businesses and 7 markets, reaching over 450 million people through its activities in broadcasting, productions, publishing, sports and research.
We utilize our extensive resources in media and broadcast, our global network of influencers and thematic experts, and practitioners in international development and marketing communications. Lapis with over ten years of experience in the country, has the biggest communications platform with broad experience of working with different institutions inside and outside Afghanistan. Lapis has implemented communication projects of different size and scope in the fields of development, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and etc. Its thematic expertise in the field of communications is civil society development, countering violent extremism, economic development, elections, gender equality, governance, migration, peacebuilding and humanitarian crises.
The Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Specialist is responsible for coordinating the GBV programme. This includes quality control, reporting, analysis, and policy setting as well as coordination of different teams and partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Strong teaching, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills
• Good knowledge of community development especially working with women children and adolescents.
• Excellent computer MS office skills
• Excellent communication problem solving and presentation skills
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meeting of deadlines
• Good reporting skills including report compilation analysis and presentation extremely organized.
• Culture sensitive and respect for local norms
• Confidentiality and privacy
• Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas
Specific required deliverables:
• Develop, design, and compile a comprehensive GBV training manual covering all aspects of GBV-related issues considering Islamic, social, and traditional values and perspectives.
• Create, develop, and design educational and promotional material for increasing awareness on GBV through social media, and delivering a two-month content calendar with text, photos and artworks, and all other required content.
• Develop and facilitate training(s) on core gender and GBV concepts including training of community influential and other stakeholders.
• Develop talking points for radio programs raising awareness about children and GBV-related topics.
• Developing all the concepts, contents and training manual in English language, and translating into Pashto and Dari languages.
Bachelor’s degree in related field Master’s preferred.
At least 3 years of work experience in GBV-related training, community engagement, and other promotional and educational activities.
Sector experience a minimum of 3 years in activities
Interested candidates should send their up-to-date resumes via e-mail.
Clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.