Food Safety Manager
- Post Date:July 12, 2022
- Apply Before: August 31, 2022
- Views 55
- Career Level ManagerGender BothIndustry Food and Beverage
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Phoenix, Arizona
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators, history makers focused on sustainability and creating global brands. We are ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our perspective into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
- The Quality and Food Safety Senior Resource is responsible for managing the Hourly Sanitation Team and the Food Safety Systems for the Site.
- The role has a site-wide impact as the owner of Food Safety Systems. The role has ownership over auditing processes.
- It is an excellent opportunity to gain experience managing a team on sanitation and food safety success. The ideal person has excellent communication and coaching skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- The role will mainly be on the 1st shift but will require leadership across all 3 shifts. Lead all sanitation and food safety initiatives for Manufacturing Operations. Schedule may vary based on business needs (including night or evening shifts, weekends and holidays)
- Lead team of hourly associates with varying levels of experience and education
- Responsible for people and team development, quality systems performance, cost, service and safety
- Develop team members, Team Supervisors, SCL’s to solve and maintain sanitation, quality, and regulatory issues
- Motivate the team to achieve compliance to Regulatory and Food Safety requirements.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve a continuous improvement process
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem-solving on the floor
- Drive performance around sanitation/quality/food safety-related KPMs
- Lead Internal Audit Program, Regulatory Compliance, and all Food Safety Programs.
- Maintain and update site Food Safety plan
- Ensure food safety requirements are met for all processes in the plant
- Train leaders and front line on food safety plan and processes
- Serve as lead auditor for all internal/2nd /3rd party audits.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day sanitation issues and reach short- & long-term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan and regulatory goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables.)
- Develop and administer policies and practices. Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Think quickly, creatively and challenge the team to do the same
Compensation and Benefits
- Expected salary range is $81,000-$117,400
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 12% of annual salary paid out annually.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Expected salary range is $81,000-$117,400
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related major is preferred
- Knowledge of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is required
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making. Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- Proficient in quality Regulatory procedures and GMP/AIB requirements in a manufacturing setting
- Preferred experience with one of the GFSI schematics (FSSC 22000, BRC, GFS, GRMS, etc.)
- Understanding of sanitation, quality, OSHA and food safety requirements in a manufacturing setting
- Availability to work Tuesday to Saturday
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law