Flinders University 2022 Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship
- Post Date:June 29, 2022
- Views 115
- Gender BothIndustry EducationLocation Australia
- Funding Type Partial Funded
The Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship was established in 2011. The Scholarship will recognise and support a mature age woman commencing a Doctor of Medicine in a Commonwealth supported place at Flinders University.
The Scholarship aims to support a woman who has a demonstrated commitment to improving the well-being of women through their involvement as a volunteer, through work or study in the areas of Health, Education Safety, Social Justice, Poverty or Advocacy.
The Lesley Shorne Scholar will be expected to attend an annual event and will have opportunities to participate in a network associated with the Lesley Shorne Scholars.
Aim and Benefits of Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship
The successful Lesley Shorne Scholar will receive $1000 annually for up to 4 years.
Requirements for Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship Qualification
Applicants for the Scholarship must:
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place in the Doctor of Medicine at Flinders University
- be a woman of at least 25 years of age on 1 January of the year the Scholarship is to be awarded
- be able to demonstrate a commitment to improving women’s well-being in specific areas such as Health, Education Safety, Social Justice, Poverty or Advocacy
- not be in receipt of any other significant award or Scholarship related to their program of study.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- demonstrated commitment to women’s health and well-being;
- financial need and/or example of an obstacle overcome in order to commence or continue with their studies
All applications deemed eligible will be assessed against these criteria by a panel consisting of representatives from the College of Medicine and Public Health and the family of Dr Lesley Shorne.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date. Applicants will need to login and navigate to the My Scholarships tab to submit an application. The application form for this scholarship is called “Lesley Shorne Memorial Scholarship”, or you can search for it by the keyword “Shorne”.
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
For more details, visit Flinders University website.