- Post Date:September 4, 2022
- Views 99
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number [email protected]Location Kabul
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
To ensure integrity of UN Funded Projects especially UNDP ABADEI project budgeting, accounting and financial monitoring/financial reporting and budget analysis.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The major task of the finance specialist is focused on the following areas within the UN Funded Projects especially UNDP ABADEI project:
- Preparation of quarterly liquidation reports
- Analyze monthly BvA reports and directly interact with UN Funded Projects especially UNDP ABADEI project technical teams on their burn rates.
- Regularly work UN Funded Projects especially UNDP ABADEI project technical teams on financial projections in order to update the Donor Approved Budget (DAB).
- Prepare projections and financial analysis of each component burn rate and identify areas that needs to be revisited.
- Regularly track each Budget line expenditure to ensure budget lines are not over or under spent
- Provision of financial information to fulfill the reporting requirement of UN Management Information System
- Support UN Third Party Monitoring on financial data and analysis
- Provide financial data and analysis for Quarterly Reports
- Regular Budget Line analysis of project transactions and reclassification of misallocated transactions.
- Check transactions and supporting documents to ensure CARE and UN compliance requirements are met
- Budget and budget narrative revision based on ground realities of the project.
- Submission of updated DAB to Grants Manager for review, incorporate their comments and submit to SSC for system update.
- Follow up and completing the outstanding accruals received from SSC. Working closely with finance/accountancy section for achieving this task.
- Serve as Project point of contact with SCC and obtain support from Grants colleagues when needed.
- Work with finance responsible members on reclassification of data when needed.
- Support financial analysis of other UN funded activities when directed by the Finance Director.
- Timely follow up of Project Receivable/payable/cash flow to make sure invoicing and fund receipts are on time.
- Review sub-grantees/contractors financial reports (if any) in terms of UN rules and regulation/compliance. In the meantime, provide meaningful feedbacks to sub-grantees.
- Conduct financial workshops for sub-grantees/main/sub offices related staff on UN regulations. This can be arranged based on need.
- Key relations:
- Internal: ABADEI Management Project Coordinators and Project Manager, Grants team, Finance Team and CARE AFG other projects.
- External: UNDP, Actors such government sectoral departments such as Ministry of Economy, MOLSAMD, MAIL, MORR target municipalities and etc.
- Duty Locations:
Kabul + travel to the field as needed.
- Key Results Expected:
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Demonstrate a good teamwork and involve others in decision-making and keep them informed of affairs.
- Ensure provision of needed coaching to all project staff in terms of staff training.
- Hold monthly meetings with the project staffs and guide them on the financial issues.
- Solving conflicts when raised and report to supervisor.
- Exchange experience and lessons learnt among the staffs
- Follow the CARE Afghanistan safety and Security policy and protocols
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of CARE properties
- Be ready for project presentation at any time and for any visitor by keeping the presentation material update.
- Keep financial databased updated and report on the variances.
- Actively participate in supervisor meetings.
Other task as assigned by supervisor
Enthusiasm to the job, excellent disintegrate analytical skills, Financial/project management skill, monitoring, willingness to work in the field with various communities and cultures.
- Core Competencies:
- Understand generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understand of UN financial management rule and regulation.
- Capacity building skills
- Knowledge of project financial management, financial controls and technical financial analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Skills and Experience:
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexible and creative
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is an asset
- Fluency in Dari/Pashtu is required
At least Bachelor degree in finance, economics or ACCA qualified or part qualified.
- Work Experience:
Minimum of 5 years work experiences in a similar position. Having work experience with UN projects is preferred.
- Languages Skills:
Excellent written and oral communication in Dari and Pashto
English communication is an asset.
Note: Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to [email protected] before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Finance Specialist CARE/AF/0030) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)