- Post Date:August 30, 2022
- Views 65
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1562022Location Kapisa
About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security and Job Creation and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position Summary:
- The Finance Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring timely and quality reporting, maintaining finance and grants related information and files, supporting on managing reporting deadlines, producing high-quality financial reports. He/she will also help the head of finance and grant coordinator on weekly, monthly, quarterly & annually financial reporting to the donors and stakeholders.
- Responsibilities include:
- Keep track of project budget Vs expenditures in order to avoid budget variances and cross donor flexibility on budget lines
- Inform various sub-component and unit heads in time, about pending issues and consolidate it in order to feed it to the reports
- Edit and review collected reports and refer to relevant reporting focal points for missing information, clarification of inconsistencies, and correction of inaccuracies.
- Compile and format reports as required.
- Attend unit and other meetings as required
- Be responsible to make cash forecast on monthly basis and send to Kabul office for further process
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and government departments at regional level.
- Handle day to day cash management and dealing with banking activities.
- Checking all type of invoices, bills, documents, and payrolls before payment is being made.
- Preparing the vouchers on a daily basis.
- Make the payments of approved expenses and procurements.
- Booking of costs according to available budget of the projects.
- Responsible for filling of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis.
- Maintaining the cash and bank books.
- Responsible for preparing monthly BRS (balance reconciliation sheet) at the end of each month.
- Proper checking and recording of (Grant code, activity code, account code, and cost center codes),
- Compare the entries with the original vouchers at the end of each month to make sure that the expenses and vouchers are recorded correctly in cash books and in QB.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the program budget utilization and support functions.
- Provide the required supporting documents of reports for the donors and for the auditors.
- Reconcile the accounts, taxes, accruals, and cashbooks on timely basis.
- Keep track of all taxes to be paid on time as per Government rule and regulation.
- Helping the head of department to reconcile the accounts for annual and project auditing. In addition, making sure that the documents are ready for the auditors.
- Ensure full implementation of NAC’s finance and admin manual, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Dari/Pashto (Fluent)
- English (Excellent)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, or Finance or any related field with 3 years’ experience in the related field is required.
- Prior experience in Quick Book software
- Good skills in the Ms. Office especially in Ms. Excel
- 2-3 years of experience in the related field in NGOs or Private companies
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Having good knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Good computer & Microsoft Office skills
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Work under pressure, late hour and weekends as required
- Detailed oriented
The subject must be included of position title and vacancy# (Finance Officer-1562022) please note that application without the position title and vacancy# will not be considered and will automatically rejected.
Please make sure that your application/resume should be by your full name otherwise it will be rejected.
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: