- Post Date:August 18, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-635Location Kabul
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Control the daily cash/check management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices, and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with the line Manager’s instructions and MSF protocols to provide accurate, updated financial information.
Control both cheques and bank movements in the project and ensure compliance with MSF rules and protocols to have a trustworthy record of the movements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts …) to give reliable information about the mission’s functioning
– Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures …)
– Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made
– Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
– Prepare the payment of taxes within legal datelines
– Guarantee the quality check on project accounting, correct encoding of salaries, follow-up and matching of internal transfers and advances
– Responsible for filing accounting documents, organizing financial documents and their annexes (PO/PU/PL)
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of the team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Maintain and update cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all IN and Out transactions, ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes, and, investigate any discrepancy
– Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country’s exchange rate policy
– Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox/currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with SAGA together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information
– Monitor cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced duly refunded
– High school diploma (12th class) essential
– University degree in Accounting or Finance is desirable
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Other experience in similar positions is desirable
– MSF experience is desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written essential
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE OF SOMETIMES WORKING OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before 30 September 2022 at 1 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, and supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via:
– E-mail: [email protected]
The reference “Finance Officer” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
Related Jobs (7)
Financial Analyst, Strategic Ads, Google Customer Solutions on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job
Consultant – Cash Assistance Program Officer (Romania) on July 15, 2022 Full Time Job
Consultant – Asia Regional Strategic Finance Support (Remote) on July 15, 2022 Full Time Job
Americas Customer Operations Rebates Finance Analyst (USA) on July 15, 2022 Full Time Job