- Post Date:November 25, 2022
- Apply Before: December 9, 2022
- Views 11
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number FM-KU-NOV-22Location Kabul
About Kardan University:
Kardan University was founded in 2002 and is Afghanistan’s first and largest privately owned university. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the fields of business, law, IT, and civil engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University was awarded the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award” by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan – a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted university status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only university not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well-reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment to excellence and quality and is committed to serving as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the overall financial activities of Kardan University and would be engaged in facilitating audits and dealing with the ministry of finance for the smooth process of taxes and reporting. He will guide senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term. In addition, the finance manager will make financial decisions, review financial reports to discover cost reduction methods, and will also monitor financial reports to ensure legal requirements are met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review financial data and prepare projection and budgeting reports;
- Track University’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement;
- Ensure that the financial records and reports are maintained in compliance with Kardan University Finance Policy manual and Afghanistan Law;
- Assist management in designing and implementing the finance database system of the University;
- Supervise proper maintenance of books/ records;
- Prepare and submit financial statements to management on a monthly and yearly basis;
- Review monthly cash in hand and bank reconciliation report;
- Prepare reports required by ministries and government in compliance with Internal Control Systems and Government Laws;
- Liaison with the Ministry of Finance regarding taxes and other related issues;
- Prepare and submit different reports required by a different government departments;
- Ensure that taxes are paid in a timely manner as per the Taxation Laws of Afghanistan;
- Facilitate both internal and external audits of MoF and any other organization;
- Prepare different reports required by management;
- Perform any other official task given by the supervisor;
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as a Finance Professional.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance, however having a professional degree/ certificate would be an edge.
- Strong knowledge of Taxation Laws and Practices.
- Good analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with good proficiency in Accounting Software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written).
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters (in one file) via email to [email protected] Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written test.