Finance Assistant Officer (Samangan)
- Post Date:December 21, 2022
- Views 28
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-BLK-027-2022Location Samangan
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Coordinator and Area Finance Officer the incumbent undertakes the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining cash book and reconciling cash on daily basis
- Ensuring that IR Afghanistan adheres to local income tax regulations.
- Maintaining and developing controls over all advances paid to staff
- Maintaining a fixed asset for IR Afghanistan in accounting system in coordination with Project field staff
- Preparing accounting vouchers and cross checking against budgets, investigating and reporting to Project Coordinator and Area Finance Officer on any variations in projections and working to resolve.
- Supporting the Program staff in distributions and stock records/ counts etc.
- Ensure financial understanding and ensuring the accurateness and completeness of data entered.
- Prepare weekly / monthly finance reports for IRA-Area/CO.
- Record project wise income and expenditure transactions on daily basis
- Scrutinizing of invoices in coordination with Project Coordinator and tag it to the right project
- Record transfers from IRA-CO and other bodies.
- Arrange cash flow for the projects
- Ensure Bank reconciliations are done on monthly basis
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by your line manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Administration or in any other relevant field with a Certificate in Accounting with a through practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques.
- 2 -3 years’ work experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skill
- Ability to act in own initiative
- The ability to work as a team
- High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals and volunteers
- Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV by clicking (Apply Now) option at the top, right corner of this page.
The closing date for accepting applications is 28 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position in your job application.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written