- Post Date:October 7, 2022
- Views 55
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA-2022-0371Location Kandahar
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Assists in the development of the department budget and ensures spending remains within acceptable variances;
- Support the Manager in addressing any personnel matters within the department.
- Verifies and records department staff compliance with the agency’s administrative and financial policies and procedures, including travel expense claims and staff attendance reports.
- Prepares financial, expenditures and payment authorization forms.
- In-charge of all financial matters in KDR office
- Responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC Financial policies and procedures;
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version);
- Verification of staff salary payroll, periderm, travel and other allowances;
- Verification of all purchase requests and cash advances
- Participation in all suppliers bidding selection committees
- Responsible to make cash forecast on monthly basis and send to Kandahar office for the process
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Prepare vouchers and their supporting documents
- Assist to maintain hard and soft filing system
- Maintain budget tracking sheet.
- Maintain and follow supplier, landlord and payroll tax clearing forms
- Prepare monthly tax reports
- Prepare bank reconciliation of bank account.
- Perform other duties as required from his supervisor
- Experience from working as a finance staff in a humanitarian/recovery context for at least 2 years.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- University degree in Business Administration, economics or finance/accounting
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
nterested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.