Field Facilitator only Female
- Post Date:December 23, 2022
- Views 45
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 20000 - 20001 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 22/12/306Location Samangan
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
• Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
• Develop weekly and monthly work plans with the team.
• Identify and select project beneficiaries to participate in the program.
• Conduct regular field visits to project sites to monitor work.
• Participate in relevant external and internal project evaluations and/or needs assessments.
• Report on project implementation progress; share successes and challenges to proactively find solutions to problems.
• Monitor the progress of beneficiaries in terms of delivery milestone and target.
• Organize and conduct agriculture training and vocational skill training to the targeted beneficiaries.
• Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
• Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
• Carry out baseline study/households survey and collect information;
• Meet beneficiaries individually and in groups to inform them about the project, roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders, ownership, governance and management and financial closure of the project, including land acquisition and up-front equity collection from each households, community and other stakeholders;
• Support to establish grievance handling mechanism to address disputes/conflicts related to the project;
• Support cooperative/company to ensure maximum participation and maintain accountability and transparency;
• Closely coordinate with local government, community organizations/beneficiaries, cooperative, company and others development organizations for smooth and successful project implementation;
• Orient local government, communities, cooperatives/company on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and ensure meaningful participation of poor, women, Dalit and other marginalized groups in all program activities;
• Support to carry out business opportunity assessment, business plan preparation, identification of potential entrepreneurs and enterprises, etc. for promotion of productive energy uses;
• Keep close working relation with officials of rural municipalities and other development organizations/partners, private sector;
• Ensure Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) issues are addressed during formation and operation of Co-operatives;
• Facilitate to conduct workshop, training, reviews, and study visits in other program areas as per the requirement;
• Facilitate to prepare business plan/ proposal and orientation to the entrepreneurs and process for subsidy
• Facilitate linkages with service providers for skill development;
• Work with various value chain actors e.g. input suppliers, collector, processor, traders and end users;
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
• Collaborates effectively in a team environment;
• Organized and good with following-up on pending issues; meets deadlines;
• Promote learning and knowledge management/sharing;
• Focuses on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem solving approach;
• Fair and transparent decision making; regularly shares information with team members;
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development.
• Demonstrate ability to identify and anticipate bottlenecks, as well as seek guidance;
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files;
• Ability to organize and complete assignments within deadlines;
• Integrity and impartiality, ability to work with external partners e.g. supplier, vendors, service providers;
• Ability to convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials proactively seek guidance and make clear recommendations to line managers;
• Dynamic and results-oriented;
• Strong verbal and written skills; ability to draft short memos and conduct presentations;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities; can multi task;
• Willing to work long hours;
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• 2-3 years of experience in social mobilization, conflict resolution, local governance, enterprise development, etc. in rural communities of Afghanistan.
• experience in program implementation an international NGO is preferred.
• Practical and theoretical knowledge of community mobilization and development in conflict-affected areas.
• Experience designing and implementing training and capacity building.
• Knowledge and experience of livelihood restoration and new livelihood development are required.
• Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the country.
• Basic computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below:https://www.jobs.af/jobs/field-facilitator-only-female
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Job Location: Nooristan-Wama
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100