- Post Date:September 24, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number Moore/ILO-MZR/02Location Balkh
The Employment Intensive Investment Programme (EIIP) Afghanistan is one of the four pillars of the ILO’s crisis response and overall strategy of promoting employment and decent work in Afghanistan through the humanitarian-development-peace nexus. It is implemented under the overall umbrella of the Area-based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives (ABADEI) Programme for Community Resilience funded through the Special Trust Fund for Afghanistan (STFA). The project will provide decent jobs through the rehabilitation and maintenance of priority public infrastructure while providing employment and income opportunities for both women and men, including persons with disabilities (PwD), host communities, internally displaced people (IDP) etc. This will be through capacity building, use of labour-intensive work methods, and ensuring that decent work principles and social and environmental safeguards are adhered to resulting in provision of essential services and enhanced community livelihoods for the vulnerable.
The EIIP Project will be implementing 4 projects within Mazar, and through a recruiting agent seeks the services of 1 Field Engineer per community to provide the necessary supervision during implementation of the project.
The Field Engineer will work closely with the National and International Engineers and should be present on site on a daily basis to:
- supervise the rehabilitation activities on site by ensuring that Contractors are implementing instructions as and when received
- Support the community liaison officer and contractor to mobilize laborers in line with project requirements, manage labor works, keep the record of the number of laborers employed under each specific contract and enable good relations with community
- collect and document site information in relation to contractor’s work including information on the contractor’s workforce, labor, weather, progress of work and any other related information.
- support the EIIP Engineers in maintaining accurate measurement of the completed works for payments
- support the EIIP Engineers in organizing regular site meetings with communities and contractors
- maintain accurate measurement of the completed works for payments, keep appropriate records
- monitor contractors’ onsite work to ensure delivery is maintained at the required level to meet project quality, time, and cost targets
- support the EIIP Team to ensure the overall and timely delivery of the project activities
- make sure that contractors adhere to provisions in the Environmental & Social Safeguards Framework.
- in particular making sure that work is carried out using a Labour-based approach.
- Prepare and submit contributions to the weekly, monthly EIIP reports.
- identify issues/constraints/problems related to the implementation of the EIIP Afghanistan project works and advise Project Engineer together with taking appropriate corrective action, as and when required
- Any other task assigned by the Project Engineer.
Education: – University degree in infrastructure related field, preferably civil engineering
Five years of experience in delivering infrastructure, with a good experience in community infrastructure and road rehabilitation.
Language: Fluency in Dari, Pashto and fair command of English language is required.
Preference will be given to the local community.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the context of the northern region of Afghanistan
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation.
- Intra-personal skills including working with groups and ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Communication and facilitation skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as member of a team.
Moore/ILO is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages the participation of women
Qualified and interested Afghan candidates should submit his/her cover letter and updated CV to the following email address:
The subject line of the email must be (Field Engineer, VA No: Moore/ILO-MZR/02).
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job