- Post Date:November 9, 2022
- Views 16
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-645Location Helmand
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Providing psychological support to MSF staff in OCA projects, according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the staff’s mental health
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Psychosocial risk analysis, definition of staff support strategy and implementation in collaboration with Psychosocial Unit in Amsterdam:
• Co-creation of tools (documents, analysis grid) to assess psychosocial risks at work for staff and define psychosocial support strategies on LSK and KDH projects.
• Assist medical coordinators and/or staff health managers in the analysis of the psychosocial risks of the projects, development of a psychosocial support strategy and implementation of preventive and reactive measures to manage the identified psychosocial risk factors.
– Identify/Develop in-house psychosocial resources for work-related stress management
• Organize prevention sessions (monthly group intervision, emotional support group, etc.) for teams at risk of vicarious trauma, trauma, and compassion fatigue.
– Individual psychosocial support
• Respond to requests for individual support related to suffering at work of the national staff of the projects.
• Referral to psychiatrist if need for psychiatric care.
– Collection of statistics and data monitoring about staff mental health activities.
– Inform supervisor about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment to provide the best possible solution from a therapeutical and organizational perspective.
– Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential.
– Diploma in Psychology or Social Sciences -Essential
– 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist/ Psychosocial Counsellor- Essential
– Previous experience with MSF or other NGO- Desirable
– Psychosocial Counsellors training provide by IPSO is a plus.
– Pashto/English: oral and written essential
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Sunday 21st November 2022 at 03:00 pm with CV and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand Project in a sealed envelope at Boost Hospital, main entrance, Application box or through Email: [email protected]
The reference Female Psychologist must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.