ES-NFI Project Officer
- Post Date:November 9, 2022
- Views 17
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number OCHR/057/2022Location Faryab
About OCHR (Organization for Coordination of Humanitarian Relief):
OCHR is a national non-governmental organization established in Afghanistan in 2015 to play a vital role in humanitarian and development settings, and to contribute towards the peace building in the country where the people can live in amity and harmony.
In humanitarian situations emerging as result of conflict or natural disasters, natural, the response encompasses the provision of tools and resources i.e. to reduces the suffering and increase self-sufficiency.
Our approach includes sustainable development, focusing on ultra-poor communities of Afghanistan. The endeavors focus on social and economic development of the people dwelling in remotes parts of the country.
Through peacebuilding efforts, we envision Afghanistan a socially inclusive society where peace and prosperity remains a fate for every individual living in this territory. Promote the social cohesion, curtailing extremism in all forms, inclusiveness of peace processes where children, women and marginalized groups have a voice.
The purpose of a Core Competency Shelter Officer Position is to contribute with specific technical competences to project implementation. This position will normally not entail management responsibility of staff, but under certain circumstances, the job may entail management responsibility for a very limited number of staff at assistant level.
- Quality control of all construction activities at each stage of the progress ensuring that all activities are in accordance with norms and standards.
- Provide on job training to the shelter beneficiaries in all project location for standard construction.
- Provide support to and supervision of project sub-contractors.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation)
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to contactors
- Responsible for: assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection ,project planning, implementation and monitoring for shelter construction activities
- Participate in field missions, shelter activities monitoring, and technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Distribution of beneficiaries cash payments according to the plan and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Prepare reports on weekly , monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/ or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within OCHR’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Remain updated on technical and legal considerations (national lows, standards and codes)
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistic and warehouse assistant
- Participate in OCHR staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
- University degree in civil engineering, development studies or any other related fields.
- Three years of experience in similar projects with preferably two years in NGO’s sector
- Technical and practical competence in shelter sector.
- Experience in managing multi-faceted ES/NFI programs in developing country
- Proven experience in program development, monitoring and reporting
- Excellent written and oral Pashto and Dari language skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous coordination/management experience
- Structured, well organized and self-driven
- Excellent communication, cooperation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build other people’s capacity
- Culture and conflict sensitive
In order to apply for the announced vacancies, please send your CVs to the email address given below by the closing dates mentioned and as applicable.
Once your CV is and Application form is received, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted, followed by written test and interview.
The subject line must read ES-NFI Project Officer AdminHR/057/2022
Non-compliance with the submission guidelines may lead to the rejection of your application for the position you have applied.
House 37, Street No. 3 Adjacent to Dawat University District 05, Kabul-Afghanistan