EPI/ Nutrition Supervisor (BMGF Project)
- Post Date:December 14, 2022
- Views 38
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number NR/BAG/12/22/028Location Baghlan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to carry out the monitoring and supervision from Nutrition and EPI services is being offered in BPHS health facilities and by the outreach and mobile services in white areas of the targeted provinces. In addition, he will provide constructive feedbacks to the nutrition and EPI services team for improvement of the services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To conduct regular supportive supervision from Nutrition and EPI services offered in white areas of the targeted province.
• To support the nutrition and EPI teams of the project in proper service provision in the white areas of the targeted provinces.
• To provide written feedback to BPHS health facility staff and the nutrition and EPI teams following the conduction of supervision.
• To provide on the job training to Nutrition and EPI teams working in BPHS health facilities and white areas of the targeted provinces.
• To coordinate the Nutrition and EPI services with PEMT and PNOs of the targeted provinces.
• To regularly participate in all provincial meetings and forums of Nutrition and EPI departments.
• To maintain good coordination with BPHS health facilities located around the targeted white areas.
• To develop the monthly and quarterly reports of the Nutrition and immunization services project and submit to provincial coordinator.
• To participate in the trainings conducted by AKF with regard to the Nutrition and immunization services.
• To develop the monthly work plan to the team on regular bases.
• To have close coordination with the community elders and related health facilities in implementation of the mobile health services.
• To produce the requests for the required equipment’s and foods including RUTF and RUSF for the teams.
• To manage the overall services, deliver by the staff of nutrition and immunization services team in targeted areas.
• To develop standard schedule for the provision of nutrition and immunization services in the targeted areas.
• Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions, and costumes.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
• Graduated from Recognized Medical University (MD).
• 2 Years’ experience in BPHS health care services as MD (Clinic Incharge) or Supervisor.
• Ability to communicate effectively in local languages verbally and in writing.
• Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Very good interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, and coordination Skills.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Attention to details & Technical Skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
• Creativity, Initiative, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 20th December 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (local resident will be preferred).
• Salary scale: Grade D according to organization Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.