- Post Date:November 7, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Advertising and MarketingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA-2022-133Location Daikondi Ghowr
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
- Planning, developing and implementing an appropriate enterprise programme in the selected areas of the respective province in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensuring that the project enterprise programme is implemented in accordance with Afghanaid standards, policies, and procedures and that commitments to the donor, communities and other programme partners are fulfilled in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinating and communicating with other team members and continuous liaison with provincial stakeholders regarding enterprise-related project progress or other related issues.
- Representing Afghanaid and promote its work among line departments and NGOs working in the respective province in the enterprise development area.
- Implementation of enterprise interventions in the selected areas of the respective province to a high quality ensuring that project targets and contractual obligations are being met.
- Ensure that the implemented activities are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries needs.
- Conduct needs assessments of project participants and supervise the designing and organizing of training programs to address the identified training needs, prepare training assessment reports.
- Building the capacity of project participants in enterprise development, marketing, savings groups management, financial management, soft skills and other topics based on requirements (value chain analysis, market assessment, business management skills, feasibility study etc.) and the provision of technical support.
- Create and promote savings, entrepreneurial and joint production culture among the women for increased income generation at household and at community level.
- Provide support to the project participants in linking their respective groups to markets and build the leadership capacity of their leaders.
- Assist the groups in effectively managing their savings; monitor savings groups, individual grantees and loan activities and document the experiences.
- Monitor all production support activities and make recommendations for modification, improvement or the introduction of new activities.
- Working with the communities to identify and establish market linkages for micro and small scale enterprise products.
- Organize exchange visits of entrepreneurs and saving group members and establish linkages with MFIs, market players, suppliers and service providers.
- Organize exhibitions of the produced products at the district, provincial and national level.
- Facilitate the distribution of project materials to beneficiaries.
- Advise and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in designing, developing and monitoring the enterprise implementation plan.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans and budgets and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in budget tracking and analysis as necessary.
- Work closely with the project team to foster communication, collaboration and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to enterprise sector implementation quality.
- Liaise with other projects/programs operating in the enterprise development and livelihoods sector in the target districts to identify and taking account of development activities currently being undertaken or being developed in these sectors by the other NGOs/departments.
- Ensure a good working relationship with relevant government departments and administration.
- Facilitate visits of any internal or external stakeholders to monitor the project implementation in close coordination with the provincial team.
- Support the M&E Officer in collecting case studies, success stories and data.
- Keep appropriate records for collecting the evidence of project implementation: attendance sheets, distribution lists, training needs assessment records, pre-, post-tests, etc.
- Support any surveys conducted by head office staff.
- Supervise the vocational trainers.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
Education & Professional Qualification
University Degree or diploma in enterprise development, business management, marketing or related field. Master’s Degree is desirable.
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Proven experience in assessing training needs and building the capacity of a mixture of literate and illiterate project participants. Experience and knowledge in small enterprise development is highly desirable.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Officer with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong organisational and coordination skills, initiative, judgment and adaptability with significant levels of autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development; ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering trainings in the field to improving the training approach.
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Pashto and English. Working knowledge in Dari is desirable.
- Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women with focus on their economic and social empowerment.
- Personal integrity and a sense of humour.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
Please submit your application by filling the Afghanaid standard job application form and email a completed application form, covering letter and your CV, by no later than Tuesday 15th November 2022 to [email protected] ; including your name, vacancy number and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above), without the application form or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the deadline, then you have not been successful for shortlisting.
Please note that applying without filling the standard job application form will result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting.
Link for the Afghanaid Standard Job Application form: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vLmMCTTa7peZ-8Odm-L4xm_5ULr6nvRG