Emergency Response Manager
- Post Date:December 10, 2022
- Views 23
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 36560Location kunduz
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which are some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator and Kabul Coordination Team identify areas for assessment and response.
- Oversee swift, robust, and accurate assessments of humanitarian needs and the drafting of reports which outline need and IRC’s proposed response based on identified needs.
- Following the review and acceptance of assessment reports manage the delivery of IRC responses to humanitarian needs ensuring both timely delivery of assistance and adherence to SPHERE and relevant GoIRA standards.
- Ensure robust and timely monitoring is carried out during interventions and that timely follow up monitoring is also carried out. Oversee the collation of data into M&E tools to ensure accurate records are kept of all interventions.
- Draft intervention reports which accurately detail IRC’s work and monitoring results.
- With the Kabul Coordination Team and Field Managers ensure that detailed coordination occurs with UN agencies, donors, Government technical agencies and line ministries and other credible emergency response actors. This includes sharing assessment reports.
- Be the key focal point for IRC’s Humanitarian Program partner in Herat Ensure partners are well informed of project activities and their role. Ensure that ongoing mentoring and capacity building takes place with partners.
- Oversee procurement and stock management for the Humanitarian Program in NGR, ensuring that appropriate items are procured and stocked to allow swift and appropriate responses to be delivered.
- Supervise the Provincial Humanitarian Program team and ensure they receive the support and guidance required to meet their responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring systems for both internal and external use in the coordination with the program staff, including end- user monitoring to ensure that designated households are receiving quantity of intended hygiene items.
- Ensure Emergency Response has up to date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists with different stakeholders.
- Ensure Program implementation is on time, target and budget using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Support the field staff in conducting trainings related to Emergency Response.
- Ensure close coordination with the target communities, local government authorities and other humanitarian implementing partners including UN Agencies.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Any other duty assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor in Business Administration and or relevant with at least 5 years relevant of experience working with NGOs or development agencies in humanitarian response.
- Experience of managing distribution programing ideally in kind/ cash distribution.
- Experience of supporting water and sanitation programing would be a benefit.
- Assessment, monitoring and evaluation skills in particular data collection collation and analysis.
- Extensive training experience including designing and delivering training plans and providing training to the trainers
- Strong communication and inter personal skills
- Good English language and IT skills in the particular Microsoft office programs.
- Must be able to function effectively in fluid, loosely structured but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities.
- Able to travel to the project sites and areas where assessments distribution and monitoring will take place
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline