EHS Technology Development Engineer (USA)
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Apply Before: October 21, 2022
- Views 35
- Experience 2 YearsGender BothIndustry Manufacturing
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Location USA
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
As a EHS TD Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide industrial hygiene, safety and ergonomics technical support to the procurement, design, integration, and transfer of Intel process equipment and facility systems enabling Intel’s industry leading technologies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, government requirements, and Intel policies/programs in partnership with business partners.
- Provide industrial hygiene, safety and ergonomics support for process equipment procurement by reviewing/validating supplier equipment meets semiconductor industry standards e.g. SEMI S2/S8.
- Provide industrial hygiene, safety and ergonomics design support for equipment or facilities installations by partnering with factory stakeholders.
- Provide industrial hygiene, safety and ergonomics support to Technology Development operations during the development of new process technologies for the introduction of new chemicals or new process equipment.
- Conducted high quality and detailed risk assessment for new manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Provide appropriate recommendations for health and safety controls, engineering and/or administrative, to address identified risks.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls are fully implemented prior to technology transfer to high volume manufacturing.
- Collaborate with TD EHS Module Owners to enable health and safety improvements in Intel’s factories.
- Support health and safety cross site teams as the technology development representative.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their plans / objectives in order to anticipate health and safety issues and proactively resolve them.
- Willingness to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees.
- Effectively contributes in a team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We’re constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Candidate must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or related field with 2+ years of experience in the field conducting technical Industrial Hygiene and safety assessments.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or related field with experience in the field conducting technical Industrial Hygiene and safety assessments.
- Demonstrated application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving.
- Demonstrated skills to effectively interpret and communicate health and safety requirements to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist and/or Certified Safety Professional.
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art — from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.