- Post Date:October 7, 2022
- Views 55
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry EducationQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 220007EGLocation Kandahar
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The basic role of this position is to support the planning, implementation, and monitoring of LNGB + project’s training sessions and activities implementation. In addition, the Project Trainer will be responsible for effective implementation and support to the training team and trainings funded by FCDO. The applicant will ensure that project/training activities are well understood and accepted by the target communities that developed through proper on Trainer positions. As well, ensure that the program work plan is implemented in high quality standard, and on best interest of children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The LNGB+ Project Trainer is accountable to carry out the following key role and responsibilities:
• She will assist the project coordinator and master trainer in training need assessment, designing, and implementing the training work plans.
• Work closely with LNGB+ AEP teachers, facilitators, Gov. Hub school teachers/mentors, and the District Education Department (DED)/ Provincial Education Department (PED) and identify the training needs and requirements.
• Assist the master trainer in the development of training work plans, procurement of training needs ( stationeries, printing of training manuals and handouts, lunch and refreshment and etc).
• Develop training materials in line with projects work plan and assessments needs
• Deliver high quality training workshops to LNGB+ AEP teachers, facilitators, and hub school teachers.
• Mentors and facilitate workshops/trainings for project beneficiaries based on learning and development requirements of the project and address this requirement effectively and efficiently.
• Supervise the work of LNGB+ AEP teachers, facilitators, mentor, and facilitate delivery of program work plan.
• Assist the MEAL team in the process of project training data collections and data management.
• Undertake regular supervision visits and assess the impact of trainings on the learning and development of project beneficiaries, identify training gaps/needs, and or areas of improvements – document best practices and lessons learnt.
• Assist the project master trainer in producing of training reports, quarterly project progress reports to meet donor reporting schedule and requirements.
• Any other task given by line manager.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Graduated from Education University or any relevant institute.
• Very good spoken and written English, Pashto and Dari
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 3 years of work experience in organizing training workshops preferably in the field of education with international NGOs.
• Very good spoken and written Local language Dari and Pashto – understanding of English language is essential.
• Ability to translate documents from English to Dari/Pashto and vice versa
• Strong computer skills ability (especially office programs)
• Able to travel inside Afghanistan/ Kabul and related districts of Kandahar, outside of the duty station as and when required.
• Good communication and inter-personal relation skills.
• Ability to work independently in the field.
• A good team player & problem solver.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.