Education Technical Assistant
- Post Date:August 28, 2022
- Views 50
- Career Level OthersExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Hearat
About Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future.
The purpose of the Education Technical Assistant position is to implement delegated Education project.
The Education Technical Assistant will help the Education officer in Herat to properly implement and monitor the CBE classes and EFPR in Herat province. The aim of NRC’s Education program is to enable vulnerable, displaced, returnee, and host community children and youth have access to quality education in a protective environment.
Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) and Education in Emergency (EiE) is the main components of Education Projects in Herat Province. And providing opportunities to enrolee out of school’s children to the AEP/CBE classes to supporting governmental Hub Schools and strengthen their capacity to host the IDP, Returnee and host community out of school children to continue their Education in upper level.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Assess Education officer for proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Assess Education Technical Officer for day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Provide support on quality implementation of education activities in technical components of education projects like: Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) Community Based Education (CBE), School Improvement Plan (SIP) Education First Phase Response (EFPR) and Education in Emergency (EiE).
- Preparation and facilitation of capacity building trainings for ALP/CBE teachers, school Shura members, and
- Support and follow up ALP & CBE teacher on establishment of child friendly space and learning atmosphere in her/his responsible ALP & CBE classes and provide support for ALP & CBE teacher on their professional/academic life.
- Regular monitoring from project implementation specially ALP & CBE classes, School improvement plan and facilitate joint monitoring with DED/PED staff from ALP & CBE classes.
- Facilitate community sensitizations, community awareness on importance of education especially Girls’ education among the targeted communities and conduct parents meeting on control/decrease dropouts.
- Data collection of all information related to students, teachers, attendance, and exam marks in community based education activities.
- Contribute of handover process of ALP/CBE classes to hub school and ensure all required documents provided according to the CBE policy – ministry of education.
- Advocacy for program/beneficiaries through develop of case studies/success stories and establishment of education publication boards and update quarterly based in PED, DED, hub Schools and field office from education activities.
- Facilitate assessments/surveys/need assessment to find the needs/gaps for better response and being accountable for data collections.
- Ensure all required materials (Learning kit, teacher kit, class kit, hygienic/disinfection materials, textbooks) provided/available in ALP & CBE classes. Distribution of educational kits/materials and text books for responsible ALP & CBE classes and collection and handover the collected text books to the relevant hub schools.
- Promote psychosocial support and new awareness-raising subjects on the protection of children.
- Establishment of close work relationship with education staff especially dedicative staff (EFPR, BLP and database) on promote filling system/data collection, EFPR activities and psychosocial support of beneficiaries and other core competencies staff considering the integration approach.
- Prepare weekly report an SMART weekly plan and being accountable for the implemented activities through provide means of verifications (MoVs)
- Support Edu Officers in overall implementation of project components and any other tasks as assigned by Edu coordinator/Edu officers/FoC.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience with the humanitarian program in the fields of AEP, EiE, and Education
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English is an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Knowledge of the local language Dari, Pashto – if different than English
- Knowledge of AEP, SIP
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Flexible and creative
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- Bachelor degree Certification/ Diploma within Education or other related field.
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
Eid Bonus once per year.
Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
Top up Credit card on monthly basis
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.
Related Jobs (11)
Senior EFL Instructor for Salim Karwan & Khair Khana Campuses on September 9, 2022 Full Time Job
Senior EFL Instructor for Salim Karwan & Khair Khana Campuses on September 5, 2022 Full Time Job
Kazakhstan Government Scholarships – ENIC Kazakhstan on June 18, 2022 Scholarship