Education Technical Assistant
- Post Date:October 7, 2022
- Views 57
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA-2022-0408Location Kandahar
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The purpose of the Education Technical Assistant position is to provide support in the implementation of the Education project activities in close coordination with The Education Officer and Education Technical Officer. In addition to that, the position holder will also be responsible for providing support in supervising the activities with the Community Mobilizer/Supervisors and Teachers in the field level.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement to the education team
- Development of holistic and needs based program, including cash-based interventions and marked based program
- Ensure proper filing of documents and MoVs is in place and followed.
- Responsible for implementing the planned education activities at the field level in close coordination with the field team and Education Officer
- In close cooperation with the members of the project team provide technical support in implementation of the planned activities at the field level in districts
- Ensure that activities are in accordance with norms and standards defined by the education team
- Provide technical support and guidance to the field teams in implementation of field tasks/activities
- Provide inputs and support in reporting of the technical needs and support of the field teams and report to the Education Officer
- Contribute in preparation of the monthly reports and as required
- Provide technical inputs and data of the field to the Education officer and Technical officer (team leader) when required in development of proposals and budgets
- Build coordination mechanisms at the community level for the field teams and community stakeholders
- Support community teams in community mobilization and data collection and analysis
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant communities and the community level
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programs in country and area based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi- purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Provide support in working closely with the local staff of Education Sector partners in Ministries, UN agencies, Institutions and Non-Governmental Organisations at the community level and province level when required
- Participate in relevant meetings when required
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Education Officer, Education Technical Officer (Team Leader) PM/PC and/or Area program Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- 12th Graduate, Diploma, and/or bachelor’s in education and/or other social sciences
- One to two years’ relevant experience in Education and Education in Emergencies
- Experience from working in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies, and line ministries
- Skills in community mobilization, teamwork, and planning and field work
- Knowledge in English language – written and spoken (good), Pashto and Dari.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market-based program
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
USE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM STATED IN SUBMISSION GUIDELINE