Education Program Manager
- Post Date:October 7, 2022
- Views 62
- Career Level ManagerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF123/2022Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The Program Manager Education will provide overall strategic direction, leadership, and management of BRAC Afghanistan’s education programming. Her/his leadership, management and knowledge will enable BRAC Afghanistan to deliver high-quality education programming and continuously work toward improving the impact of its programming. As part of the Senior Management Team, she/he will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Country Director, provide leadership and strategic direction for the design of BRAC Afghanistan’s strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of large and complex programming interventions in line with regional and global strategic priorities.
- Lead high-quality project design with innovative approaches that incorporate project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of large and complex projects. Contribute to establishment of new project management standards. Lead planning of activities across projects to ensure integration and efficiency in implementation.
- Effectively manage senior programming talent across various Projects in the Education Program. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring for all reports. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessment for direct reports. Contribute to developing staffing plans for large and complex projects and to the recruitment process of senior project staff.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of education programming, e nsuring 100 % compliance with BRAC Afghanistan’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning, ensuring all team members are appropriately trained and supported. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management, as well as cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
- Create a platform for countrywide delivery that involves stakeholders (educators and administrators) with country standards, benchmarks and the policies & strategies applicable for the ECD, Primary, Secondary, and Higher Secondary education including vocational training.
- Work with education and vocational institutes to coordinate learning structures in operating areas in line with the existing projects interventions and ensure timely achievements of projects’ milestones.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all stakeholders including community, Line Ministries, Provincial Education Directorates, and Donors
- Ensure appropriate project budgeting and oversee efficient use and stewardship of project resources.
- Coordinate with research and monitoring teams in reviewing, evaluating and reporting on education program interventions.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of grant agreements with all donors
- Lead the business development cycle of increasingly complex, strategic, and competitive growth opportunities from intelligence gathering and positioning to proposal development to learning and marketing to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards.
- Lead the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Attend relevant cluster meetings
- Be a member of Country Management Team
- Draft and submit monthly/quarterly reports
- Analyze the audit and monitoring findings consistently, undertaking necessary steps as required.
- Support to the development of an organizational culture which supports safeguarding staff, children and communities across the programmes/operations.
- Regular field visits. Is expected to spend 25% of his or her time traveling to the 10 provinces where BRAC Afghanistan is currently implementing Education Programs.
- Ensure technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners across the Education Portfolio. Implement monitoring and evaluation tools that ensure operational activities comply with best practices in project management standards, related MEAL, business development and system strengthening recommendations. . Identify training opportunities, develop pedagogically sound training curriculums and deliver effective trainings.
● Minimum of 15 years work experience programming with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO, including at least 5 years of successful performance in a Head of Education Programming position.
● Minimum 5 years of experience in teaching, curriculum development or school administration.
● Have proven track record of engagement with community based school programmes, youth development and child friendly environment.
● Strong experience in project grants management for large and complex projects, including project design, proposal writing, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., for projects funded by multiple donors, including FCDO and Global Affairs Canada.
● Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships in remote, insecure, challenging and changing environments.
● Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
● Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening – developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
● Experience in representation and interaction with donors, government officials, international organizations and community leaders concerning education issues and initiatives.
● Experience in supervising multi-cultural teams.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/education-programme-manager
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
Related Jobs (7)
Education Project Officer (Women’s and Girls’ Education) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job
Kazakhstan Government Scholarships – ENIC Kazakhstan on June 18, 2022 Scholarship