Education Expert (Chemistry)
- Post Date:November 15, 2022
- Views 12
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1534Location Kabul
Lapis is a leading media, education, research, project management and strategic communications company, operating throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, South and Central Asia. Lapis supports local and global efforts to bring about positive change in frontier markets and challenging environments. From delivering education projects to strategic communications and project design, for nearly two decades Lapis’ work has framed how individuals, communities and nations see their world. We employ an unparalleled understanding of complex media and sociopolitical environments. We stay on the forefront of changes in audiences’ media and technology consumption, and combine this systems-level knowledge with our on-ground expertise to tailor carefully analyzed and creatively engaging products. Our clients include governments, foundations, international organizations, and the private sector.
We seek exceptional candidates for an Education Expert with expertise on Chemistry who has the passion, expertise and intellectual acuity to help implement the educational projects in Afghanistan. The Education Expert (Chemistry) will be responsible for developing high quality Chemistry educational content for broadcast on TV and radio and on-line delivery. The content needs to be based on the Afghan national Chemistry curriculum for grades seven to ten.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Selects grade specific key chemistry concepts from the Afghan secondary chemistry curriculum
• Reviews the selected topics and its recommended delivery and assessment methods in the curriculum
• Prioritizes chemistry topics that could be well illustrated through chemistry experiments
• Conducts chemistry experiments inside and outside the lab with connections to daily life contexts
• In close collaboration with Education Technologist and Online Content Expert, creates grade level appropriate instructional online videos along with quizzes on the same topics aired on TV and radio, however, with more depth and details using charts, diagrams, animations, images, lectures etc.
• Consults chemistry educational resources and experiments available on media platforms
• Examines quiz results to use learner misconceptions as a guide to improve content and delivery
• Maintains virtual interactions with the users of the online platform especially with student users
• Continuously improves educational content considering users and students’ feedback and comments
• Ensures religious and cultural relevance of the educational content for TV/radio broadcast and online delivery
• Performs other related duties as needed
• Mastery of the subject matter, its delivery and assessment skills
• Extensive knowledge of the Afghan secondary chemistry curriculum, its content and structure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to perform in a team environment
Interested candidates should send their resume via email to [email protected]
Please submit your resumes as PDF only, and ensure that the document title includes name your first and last name as well as the position for which you are applying.