- Post Date:October 8, 2022
- Views 62
- Career Level ManagerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA-2022-0409Location Kandahar
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The purpose of the Education CC Coordinator position is to implement Education CC project portfolio. Contribute in Education CC strategy development, Implementation of Education program activities in Southern region (Kandahar, Zabul and Uruzgan Provinces).
- Line management of Education project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to Education strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM and Education CC Specialist (AM and Education CC Specialist if no PM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Take the lead on the design, planning, implementation and M&E of the Education program in assigned area/province.
- Capacity building of Education staff for the implementation of EiE classes or other Education program related components;
- Ensuring accountable data base for Education project according to all the components of project and regular update of data collection.
- Support Education PM in the implementation of Components of the Education program
- Take the lead and coordinate with HR/Finance on the recruitments, contracts, payments of EIE teachers and other community based education staff.
- Coordinate with logistic for the development and update of Procurement Plan and BoQs
- Community Mobilization and engaging the community in activities, establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project
- Monitor ALP/EiE classes and provide needed advisory for better implementation
- Any other task as assigned by Education PM/ Head of Office or Education CC Specialist
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in Education/Management/Economics/ Development. Master is an asset;
- 5-6 years relevant experience in implementation of education or similar projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience of working in Education Emergency is an advantage;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
USE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM STATED IN SUBMISSION GUIDELINE