Editor in Chief – TOLOnews
- Post Date:November 13, 2022
- Views 19
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Female
- Industry Media and NewsQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1539Location Kabul
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research. MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
The Editor in Chief of the News Division will oversee the news and current affairs output on both TV and online platforms and will be responsible for operational leadership of the division. The incumbent should possess a full understanding of news gathering, production, and delivery activities. The incumbent will provide editorial decision-making and guidance to ensure compliance, impartiality, and accuracy; and that deadlines are met in a rapidly changing environment. This is a high-profile, fast-paced, and complex role. The role demands strong political judgment and media handling skills, exceptional written and verbal communication in English, Dari, and Pashto, as well as experience in media relationship management and crisis management. The incumbent must be adaptable and able to navigate at pace within a complex, ambiguous environment, dealing with uncertainties and risks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide direction and leadership to various functions of the division, including news & current affairs, and online teams.
• Remain abreast of local, national, and international news events to maintain up-to-date professional news standards and relations.
• Ensure and monitor content compliance with Moby Group policies and local regulations governing news broadcast/coverage.
• Maintain ethical and professional standards for collection, evaluation, and adoption of news and public affairs content for broadcast and online/digital dissemination platforms.
• Lead implementation of new concepts/ideas to enhance the viewership, strength, depth, and quality of programs/production.
• Strategically manage internal and external resources and challenges; lead the team through challenges in a clear, concise, and productive manner.
• Develop an environment that retains and attracts the most creative, competent, accountable, and diverse staff; enabling the teams to effectively deliver against its objectives – individually and collectively. • Actively monitor and analyze the complex internal and external landscape to identify potential risks from policy and operations perspective, work closely with relevant departments and senior leadership to manage and mitigate these risks in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development and management of annual operating budgets and provide fiscal input to the senior leadership.
• Supervise the safe execution of news production operations – on or off base in accordance with health and safety regulations.
• Interact with senior management and relevant departments in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-term planning to assist in accomplishment of established goals and vision for the division.
• Participate/attend meetings and events to represent TOLOnews when required.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, or a related field. Master’s Degree will be preferred.
• Work experience as an Editor in Chief (Minimum 3 Years) or a similar position in the media industry for at least 5 Years.
• Strong communication skills in Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Experience in building a culture of trust and inclusion.
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Able to manage and delegate multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities.
• Critical thinker with strong work ethics.
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.