Economic Empowerment Programme Officer
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry EntertainmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number #068Location Kabul
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. NCA have 21 country offices across Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, including four joint country offices and other partner organisations. Our mandate is to save lives and seek justice. We do this by working with long-term development programmes, humanitarian interventions and advocacy toward decision-makers to address the root causes of injustice, poverty and power imbalance. Our work is undertaken closely with local civil society partners and other NGOs. NCA Afghanistan is currently working on Climate Resilient WASH, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, Humanitarian Response, Learning and Social Development, Integrated Community Resilience Action (ICRA) project and Civil Society capacity building.
NCA is seeking a competent and highly motivated Economic Empowerment Programme Officer with an extensive experience in managing CSO partners implementing CSEE projects and providing technical support by identifying technical needs in collaboration with CSEE PC and Advisors.
The post holder is based in Kabul City and will travel project sites and reports to the Economic Empowerment Programme Coordinator.
Short description of the relevant country and NCA’s involvement there to date:
- Responsible for managing and delivering Climate Resilient Economic Empowerment (CSEE) projects in Kabul, Khost, Daikondi, Samangan, Kandahar and Herat provinces. Specifically, responsible for planning, delivering, monitoring and closing project activities.
- Responsible in managing CSO partners implementing CSEE projects and providing technical support by identifying technical needs in collaboration with CSEE PC and Advisors
The main tasks and responsibilities for this position:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to partners in conducting technical surveys and assessments, i.e., value chain analysis, market assessment, labour market assessment, product development, etc.
- Provide leadership to support women-led self-help-group’s activities, product development initiatives including vocational skills development, i.e., DIKU and NORAD projects
- Provide technical guidance and support in developing market linkage with women-led SHG products and or services.
- Explore approaches that will strengthen women’s ability to make and influence decisions; enhance self-confidence and psycho-social wellbeing; gain freedom from an oppressive social norm, enhance literacy; free from sexual and gender-based violence; access to an independent income, savings and credit, etc.,
- Assess the effectiveness of the Economic Empowerment Programme, systems and processes through regular field monitoring visits as defined by annual monitoring plan.
The main expectations for this position over the next period regarding strategic targets and plans:
- Review the SHG strategy targeting women, identify its strength, and redesign an approach that will enhance socio-economic impact.
- Co-lead in conducting value chain analysis, market assessment, labour market assessment and product development
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications will only be accepted via the following link:
NCA does not charge or have any registered agents for job application or any form of paid priority listing. Application through the supplied web link is completely free.
Refer to submission guideline