- Post Date:October 10, 2022
- Views 16
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number 31361Location Logar
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Dispense medicines to all patients according to the doctor’s prescription
- Provide counselling to patients regarding the proper usage of prescribed medications
- Routinely monitor the expiry dates of medicines ensuring that those with short expiry dates will be used first before they become expired.
- Keep the drug store clean, store medicines appropriately with the up to date, to be checked easily
- Monitor and ensure optimum room temperatures are maintained and charting room temperatures regularly.
- Prevent physical damage and contamination of drugs.
- Ensure all stock related reports and inventories are completed.
- Notify the clinical officer in-charge of the drug stock levels to ensure no stock outs.
- Work with other health staff to ensure wards/clinic areas are appropriately stocked with essential equipment and supplies.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- Carry out day duties as per duty roaster.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide pharmaceutical support and mentorship to other mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all dispensary documents are completed in a timely manner in line with IRC’s Pharmaceutical guidelines
- Maintain up-to-date stock inventories.
- Compile and submit stock consumption reports and flag to Medical doctor if supplies stocks are low
- Education: Diploma in pharmacy and/or trained as a dispenser
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years’ work experience
- Technical Competency: Good mathematical skills
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local health representatives.
- Skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical counseling
- Communication and reporting skills: Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion and diplomacy.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptive, and willingness to work out of hours, sometimes throughout the night.
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high pressure situations
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high pressure situations.
- Fluency in English, Pashto/Dari
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet)
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline