- Post Date:October 16, 2022
- Views 44
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number DriverLocation Kabul
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network established by and comprised of member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in 192 countries. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and
improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises. The IFRC is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional, country cluster teams and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity to serve, connect, and represent National Societies. The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency, coordination, and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the Movement; and expanding engagement with partners.
Established in 1990, the IFRC Country Office in Afghanistan operates as a platform It works to enhance the capacity, organizational development, auxiliary role to public authorities and outreach activities of the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS). IFRC also facilitates collaboration with the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement as well as with non-Movement actors with a view to expand resilience outcomes across Afghanistan.
In line with IFRC strategic priorities derived from its Strategy 2030, the IFRC technical support ranges from climate action to disaster and crisis management, to health and WASH, to migration and displacement as well as empowerment and inclusion activities, with a particular focus on readiness to emergency response, livelihoods and cash, immunization and community health. In the context of COVID-19, the IFRC country office has also expanded its support to ARCS in addressing the health and socio-economic impact of the pandemic by supporting immediate and longer-term needs of the most affected communities. In addition, IFRC is also supporting ARCS in providing support through the Humanitarian Crises Emergency Appeal.
To ensure carrying out Drivers’ task in support of Federation operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To obey all the rules and regulations for drivers.
- Check the mechanical state of the vehicle regularly and to inform the logistics department if any faults occurs to the vehicle.
- To obey all traffic rules and to inform immediately the Logistic department if an accident takes place.
- Keep clean the vehicle and check oil , water and acid every day.
- Check the office generator before switch on every morning.
- Maintain contact with the Radio Room on departure and arrival to the Sub-Delegation.
- Fill the logbook on daily basis.
- Has to be Loyal, honest, flexible and punctual.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the line manager.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- High school graduate
- 3 year’s working experience in Similar Position for an NGO or international humanitarian organizations.
- Working experience with communication equipment’s.
- Previous experience with Red Cross / Red Crescent.(Preferred)
- No history of Major accident within the past 1 years
- Able to properly drive and understanding the traffic roles and regulations.
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners.(Preferred)
- Basic English Skills.
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari & Pashto)
A good degree of competence in team-work, commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its work, integrity and personal conduct, flexibility and adaptability.
Strong Candidates who meets job requirement are encourage to send their CVs in PDF format before the deadline.
This position is only for 3 months.