Doctor Veterinarian (Arghanjkhah)
- Post Date:November 4, 2022
- Views 35
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Male
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 510202239Location Badakhshan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource-poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for implementing livestock development packages such as identifying the suitable breeds for cross breeding, conducting trainings in animal husbandry, implementing AI activities, fodder production activities and poultry production activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support in poverty/food security assessments, beneficiary profiling and preparation of Food security and livelihood development plans for the SHGs and individual beneficiaries.
• Responsible for designing livestock activities for implementation at SHG level and individual beneficiary level, its monitoring and follow –up in the target districts.
• Facilitate smooth delivery of veterinary services to the project beneficiaries through District Livestock Development Centers and LDFUs.
• Identify training needs for staff (extensionist, PVs, BVWs and FFS facilitators) and target communities and organize/conduct such trainings.
• Diagnosis, survey, and reporting of diseases outbreaks in the target districts and in case of disease outbreak facilitate the provision of supply of medicine and vaccines through District Livestock Development Centers and LDFUs.
• Support in identification of improved breeds for restocking and supply of livestock related inputs to the FASL beneficiaries.
• Ensure integration of livestock activities with other AKF sectoral activities specially EI, CD etc.
• To carry out the role and responsibilities in a way that reflects commitment to AKFs Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide appropriate and timely feedback, inputs, and suggestion/recommendation to AFS manager, FASL Coordinator, on relevant stakeholders on matters concerning livestock development and activities.
• Coordination with DAIL other Governmental Agencies and NGOs to leverage support of livestock activities.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
• A bachelor’s degree in Veterinary/ MSc degree will be preferable.
• At least 3-5 years’ work experience in the same field with national and international organizations
• Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Leadership and Management Skills.
• Good communication and report writing Skills in English and one of the Local Languages
• Capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Able to easily communicate with rural communities.
• Confidentiality and privacy.
• Being punctual.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 10th November 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• Copies of educational documents and Tazkira’s are required.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade E based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential