District TVET and Incubation Officer
- Post Date:November 16, 2022
- Views 17
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 30000 - 31218 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 262/2022Location Jawzjan
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization that originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002 and has been implementing its development programs in education, health, the citizens’ charter Afghanistan program as well as capacity development in the country.
She/he will support team to work effectively to bring changes in livelihood status and support team in developing vocational and entrepreneurial skills, adapting to the needs of the local markets, and supporting business incubation, particularly targeting women and youth. He/ She ensures transparency in grant or input support participants to facilitate the opening of businesses or entering wage or self-employment and he work on organizing women-only market days to facilitate women-led/managed businesses, and rehabilitate market infrastructure to support women entrepreneurs
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate and strengthen the relationship with relevant stakeholders (Govt institutions and NGOs) to successfully implement the targeted activities in the field.
• District TVET and Incubation Officer will support the team to conduct a need analysis and market assessment in each targeted province to identify relevant trades or occupations that are in demand among target groups in the community.
• Identify the final suite of training that will be offered to the project beneficiaries in the targeted areas, at the district level.
• She/ He will support the participant who is currently not in any form of wage or self-employment and will be matched to their preferred trades and enrolled in the vocational training component and others.
• Supports the team during the selection of participants, prioritizing the involvement of women and other vulnerable groups, with a target of at least 50% female participants.
• Support project activities and field staff to adapt and enhance existing course materials and curriculum where available.
• Facilitate support and Conducting of Training for field staff on safeguarding.
• Follow up the process of stipend or providing input for those participants who successfully complete the training to support them with the starting up of their self- or wage employment
• Ensure regular coordination with M&E officers to find out the gap /deviation for on-time correction and decision in order to achieve project objectives successfully
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari, both written and spoken
• Honest, proactive, and well-mannered.
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in provinces and Districts
• Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated ability to work in a challenging work environment;
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent degree with 2 years of practical working experience, from a recognized university
interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below:
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Job Location: Jawzjan