- Post Date:October 18, 2022
- Views 59
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 34500 - 35000 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 4Vacancy Number AD#AF 230/22Location Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The District Coordinator will be responsible for overall in charge for conducting all project activities in the district level and is reportable to project manager in CO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of the responsibilities;
1. Plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of the project in the target district in coordination with the project manager to ensure that packages and activities are delivered as planned
2. Work in close coordination with Field Supervisors for proper identification of beneficiaries, handling of relief packages and its distribution in the target distribution points, and post distribution monitoring.
3. Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager and the Senior Management Team of BRAC Afghanistan.
Details of the responsibilities;
• Plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of UNFPA relief project in the target district in coordination with the project manager to ensure that packages and activities are delivered as planned
• Management of winterisation package inventory
• Ensure that checklist of deliverables is well prepared and packages are delivered to target areas on daily basis
• Ensure presence of field staff in the communities; all community volunteers and field supervisor who are responsible for efficient delivery of packages.
• Assist in the identification and solution of key points related with the implementation of the project activities.
• Mentoring and hand holding of all relevant project staff in participant selection, implementation and monitoring & evaluation
• Work in close coordination with Field Supervisors for proper handling of relief packages and its distribution in the target district;
• Prepare daily updates on number of deliveries, deliverables and not delivered relief packages to Project manager including the reasons for not achieving the daily goals in district level.
• Plan, manage and monitor day-to-day activities and performance of Field Supervisor and community volunteer also; Ensure effective coordination and representation to, and with, the Country office project manager, district governor, and all other relevant stakeholders.
• Manage the district team and make sure that the team respect the project guidelines.
• Manage and uphold the implementation of BRAC policies including an effective safeguarding policy
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all the levels of the project by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager Education & Youth Development
4 years of relevant experience working in developmental community mobilization, especially involving Emergency projects, distribution of packages in a community level supervisor role in a reputable organization, preferably in the NGO setting
Bachelor’s degree preferably Master’s degree in Business Administration, emergency management, project management, Social science or related field.
Afghanistan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/district-coordinator-28
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100