Disaster Risk Reduction Officer
- Post Date:September 3, 2022
- Views 82
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry ManufacturingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 230Location Wardak
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA)
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The DRR Officer under the supervision of the regional project manager will be responsible for implementing DRR components of the project as well as will be responsible for providing technical inputs to local facilitators, volunteers, and communities in their target communities. This position will be technically supervised by a Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist and this position will be based in the Regional Management offices (RMOs).
- Under the supervision of the regional project manager will be responsible for implementing CBDRR components as per the approved work plan and budget.
- Responsible for implementing soft and hard CBDRR projects/activities such as 1) Awareness raising activities of the community; 2) capacity building of the CPP volunteers; 3) small-scale mitigation measures as identified in community risk assessment in assigned RMOs.
- Work closely with CSOs such as community development committees (CDCs) at the community level and other partners to proactively strengthen community-based awareness, preparedness, and early warning initiatives.
- Support procurement and project team in the procurement of DRR-related materials and services
- Support DRR specialists in developing technical materials and resources for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs or projects with particular attention to gender equality, food security, integrated water resources management, environmental sustainability, and conflict sensitivity.
- Liaises with resilience networks, and international non-government organizations (INGOs) at provincial levels on DRR and climate change at regional levels
- Support DRR specialists in capturing learning and knowledge sharing amongst all related stakeholders
- Support with the preparation of program documentation, assessments, and studies as required.
- Responsible for developing community contingency plans, based on past disasters and potential new disasters.
- Impart training to community-based disaster management committees, task forces and other stakeholders as per project requirements,
- Assist SCA with planning and development of emergency response program.
- Prepare and submit annual and/or quarterly purchase plans and follow up on the timely delivery of inputs.
- Conduct regular field visits and meetings with local authorities and community leaders and direct beneficiaries.
- Prepare project reports as required by the supervisors in a timely manner.
- Ensure project activities are following SCA rules and regulations.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Document project activities, project updates, future, success stories, achievements, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Ensure that community training is conducted, and awareness raised
- Any other relevant and required tasks
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Humanitarian Program Management, International Development, Economics, Agrobusiness or related field, and three years of professional experience designing and implementing resilience and disaster risk reduction programs for international non-profit humanitarian and/or non-governmental organizations
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agency, or similar organization.
- Computer skills at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting, and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well-mannered.
- Familiarity with the Northern region where SCA operates
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- To be an Afghan citizen
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter via following link : https://scahris.odoo.com/jobs/announcements/detail/dissaster-risk-reduction-officer-198 , clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.