Digital Communication Specialist
- Post Date:October 18, 2022
- Views 66
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 2202859Location Kabul
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
The Digital Communication Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Head of Communication, Reporting and Outreach, in close collaboration with the Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist and the Graphic Design Specialist.
The Digital Communication Specialist is responsible for curating and developing all the digital content for FAOAFG in support of the implementation and delivery of the communication strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the social media strategy that feeds into the country communication strategy in collaboration with the Communication Specialist; carryout social media analysis and make judgements on best way to curate content;
- Produce digital content (photos, videos, podcast, GIFs, Animation) for the social media platforms (twitter and facebook) as per the FAO Brand Guidelines;
- Participate in photo and video missions: prepare mission briefs, ensure the timely delivery of the digital communication content;
- Assist to procure additional videography and photography services as and when needed, prepare mission briefs, ensure delivery of the content by supplier in accordance to FAO guidelines;
- Assist to regularly update the FAO in Afghanistan website; support its revamp to adapt it to Sitefinity;
- Maintain a visual and audio footage archive, including b-roll, completed videos, photos, captions and stories;
- Collaborate with OER on photo albums on Flickr;
- Curate content for digital campaigns for key world events like World Food Day, as well as issue-based content;
- Participate in accurate translations of digital content into Dari and/or Pashto;
- Be the custodian of all the digital communication equipment for the communications department;
- Update and Manage the Listerv contact list;
- Liaise with the Office of Communication (OCC), either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes;
- All communication materials will follow FAO clearance processes and comply with FAO standards, including:
- FAOSTYLE (English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf; French: https://www.fao.org/3/AC339FR/ac339fr.pdf; Spanish: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339s/ac339s.pdf; Arabic: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339a/ac339a.pdf; Chinese: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339c/ac339c.pdf);
- FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm;
- FAO Names Of Countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en;
- Story guidelines http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/UPDATED-Digital-Storytelling-Guide-EN-FINAL.pdf;
- Story template http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/FAO-Stories-Template-UPDATED.pdf;
- UN map standards (available to staff);
- FAO Brand and policy book (available to staff).
- Perform any other functions as required.
- Advanced (Masters) degree or University (Bachelor) degree in Electronic Media, Audio-visual communication, or closely related field;
- For advanced degree at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in digital communication;
- For university degree at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in digital communication;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and Dari);
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Creative; Great idea synthesis;
- Ability to express ideas and work in collaboration with colleagues;
- Strong ability to interpret and analyze data into creative concepts;
- Excellent grasp of various soft wares: Adobe Premier Pro, Light Room, social media scheduling tools, as well as digital equipment (DSLR);
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic setting with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Good understanding and experience with UN development/ humanitarian program communication and advocacy work, experience with FAO policies and communication procedures is an asset;
- Good knowledge of protocol, good judgment and initiative;
- Self-driven and can work with minimum supervision;
- Previous work experience with the UN is an advantage.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations \\(LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]