Deputy MEAL Manager
- Post Date:December 9, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1222-01Location Kabul
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
The Deputy MEAL Manager will be responsible for providing support to the M&E Manager in overall management of M&E Unit of Turquoise Mountain (TM) including but not limited to implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and tools that will ensure accurate and timely reporting, information and feedback to TM Management, Donors, and Ministry of Economy, and for planning and conducting of data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Reporting
·Design monitoring system to monitor the implementation progress of TM projects, development outcomes and potential risks.
·Design a Result Measurement Framework (RMF) for TM using international standards such as DCED or others for measuring results of TM projects
·Conduct beneficiary monitoring to capture beneficiary perceptions of TM work, feedback, problems etc.
·Participate in project progress review meetings and conduct verifications of TM projects
·Assist the senior management team with identification, design and implementation of projects and writing proposal and concept notes through timely and accurate provision of data
·Provide information to the Communication Team (In-country and abroad) and assist in preparation of promotional materials
·Produce high quality reports monitoring and progress reports for internal to the manager and external to donors and the government agencies
·At the request of management, conduct evaluations (mid-term and project end) using DAC or other criteria set by the management
·Support the procurement team / UK main office with design of impact evaluations
Support the management with verification of progress related to implementation of projects implementation, results, and implementation of annual work plans
Ensure external accountability to donors and government agencies are met in the best possible manner
·Identify, capture, and communicate lessons learned, findings from design and implementation of projects with the management for better decision making, better programming, improving impact of Turquoise Mountain Work and improving current overall modus of operandi
· Support the M&E Manager to manage the overall activities of the M&E Unit
· Prepare individual M&E plans for projects, results chains, log frames, theories of change and annual work plan for the M&E Unit
· Develop an M&E database and data collection system to address all data requirements from stakeholders and address feedback and concerns
· Ensure proper filing system (hard and physical) for the M&E Unit
· Prepare M&E reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual) in compliance with TM management, Ministry of Economy and donors requirements.
· Identify and implement mobile based data collection and analysis tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK) or others to improve TM M&E system
·Support TM management with building a motivated and high performing M&E team
·Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by M&E Director and Chief of Party
· Other relevant tasks given by the line manager, Country Director or global MEAL Manager
·Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field, including statistics, international development, economics or other with 7 years of relevant (M&E) management work experience. Master’s degree preferred with 5 years of relevant (M&E) management work experience
· Experience in developing and managing high performing teams
·A qualification / certification in project management is highly valued
·Specific training in M&E is an advantage
·Knowledge of statistical analysis software and mobile based data collection tool required
·Demonstrated ability to design and manage M&E systems and activities
·Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team in Kabul and provinces
· A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a
fast-paced and possibly difficult environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English and at lease one of the local languages (Dari or Pashto)
·Excellent Report Writing Skills
· Experience with evaluating and reporting on results for donor funded projects
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: v[email protected] by no later than 20 December 2022 Close of Business. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “1222-01” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.