Deputy HR Manager
- Post Date:September 23, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Male
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0922-04Location Kabul
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
The post holder is responsible for the below tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the HR Manager and Senior Management in reaching the annual HR Plan.
- Assist the HR Manager in cross-cultural management in the human resource planning process.
- Assist the HR Manager in instituting and managing a Succession Planning system to ensure that the organization has a ready supply of staff with the required skills and competencies.
- Responsible for development, management, and effective communication of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist HR manager in developing and amending current HR policies.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed effectively and accurately in all HR activities and in compliance with TM and Institute Policy Manual.
- Assist heads of departments in staff job analysis, review job descriptions, and ensure that they are developed in a consistent manner and according to the established TM/NTA salary scale.
- Manage the recruitment process ensuring that the process is fair, transparent, competitive, and consistent with regulations.
- Conduct employee on-boarding process including preparation of offer letters, presenting orientation program, and ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed in a timely manner and filed appropriately.
- Preparing contracts (with amendments) of Employment for National and International staff and keeping track of renewal and end of contracts.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues in a confidential and professional manner, in close consultation with Human Resource Manager, Chief Operations Manager, and TMT/TMI Directors.
- Track and monitor daily attendance of the staff and maintain leave accordingly.
- Coordinate for processing monthly post-paid invoices and its day-to-day affairs.
- Assist HR Manager in processing monthly staff payroll.
- Keep track of staff probationary completion dates and bring the issue to the attention of the supervisors to appraise their staff performance during their probationary periods.
- Coordinate the Performance Management function ensuring that managers and employees receive necessary support during annual performance reviews.
- Prepare annual training plan for all employees, in coordination with Managers.
- Provide support in the review, development, and implementation of staff capacity building.
- Coordinate for the issuance of ID cards, new staff business cards, and monthly post-paid phone credits to staff.
- Maintain employee HRIS/Database, HR documentation, and personal file management.
- Preparing HR reports as required by internal management and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate for preparing warning, dismissal, and termination letters for staff with confirmation from line managers and CD.
- Ensure that departing employees go through a proper exit interview as per the policy & guidelines and make sure all formalities and related documents are completed before the exit of departing staff. Record feedback and make recommendations accordingly for improving work conditions in the organization.
- Perform any other HR-related tasks assigned by supervisor or designated person.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized university. Master degree highly preferred.
- 5 years of relevant HR experience at managerial or supervisory level in NGOs .
- Experience of managing HR team highly preferred
- HR certification is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of Afghanistan Labour Law and its relevant enacted regulations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Excel. MS Access is preferable.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Afghan local languages.
- A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: [email protected] by no later than 01 October 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention VA# “0922-04” only.
- Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.