- Post Date:September 6, 2022
- Views 82
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number KBL_140Location Kandahar
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency toward opportunities for longer-term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, northeastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts, or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH, and food security.
REACH Initiative has been present in Afghanistan since 2016, providing a growing evidence base for humanitarian response planning through sectoral, multi-sectoral and area-based assessments as well as information management services.
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Database Management System Implementation
- Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
- Support the AME Officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Perform “clean data” when needed;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required.
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
- Data Analysis
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments, and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators
- Database Management System (DBMS) in place and functional that allows at least the reporting on ACTED’s 16 global standard indicators
- Number of database outputs (reports, Infograms, etc.) produced during the past 6 months
- % of ongoing projects with project-specific databases developed
- Average time needed to fulfil database service requests
- % of fields that have missing or incorrect data
- At least 3 years of related experience in data management and analysis.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data management or another related discipline
- Must have the skill in Data Management and Data Processing software.
- Good communication skills – both written and interpersonal will be essential, as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels.
- Work as part of the team to meet the objectives and targets of the projects, using established internal processes.
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto, and English is required.
- Good knowledge of data analysis
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV & Cover letter to the below submission Email: [email protected]
Kindly mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title along with Province name in the subject line of your email or your application may not be considered.
Please, do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
Interested candidates should submit their applications before 5:00 PM Monday, 12th Sep.
Note: Female qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
No CV will be considered after the closing date.