- Post Date:September 9, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AUB/HR/022-016Location Kabul
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
Database Manager design, implement, maintain and repair an organisation’s database. The role includes developing and designing the database strategy, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring Oracle database,
- Data replication
- Back up and restoration of database
- Carry out basic analysis of database logs and identify issues
- Performing Day End Operations
- Perform activities for resolution of occurred issues
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and web developers
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Other Duties assigned by the manager
- Bachelors in degree in IT, Master degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in Managing Databases preferred Oracle Database, RAC or Data Guard.
- Proven experience in Unix systems and have better command on SQL query writing.
- Effective time management, scheduling, and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact.
- Being hardworking and flexible.
- Professional behaviour and disciplined.
Interested candidates who deem themselves suitable for this position can submit their application (CV, Cover Letter, and recent photo) electronically to bellow mention email. Please include position and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlist candidates will be invited for test & interview