- Post Date:September 28, 2022
- Views 76
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-09-83Location Takhar
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
To ensure accurate collection and management of Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI & EPI) data in the province
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the ARPO/WHO Regional Team Lead/Medical Officer Polio and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Working under direct supervision of the respective Provincial Polio Officer, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the Provincial PEI Manager; the incumbent data clerk will undertake the following duties:
1. Compile all data related to supplementary immunization activities including pre-, intra-, and post-campaign activities.
2. Compile the administrative (reported) coverage and intra-campaign monitoring data of all supplementary immunization activities (OPV and OPV/IPV);
3. Compile and feed forward polio surveillance related data;
4. Validate and clean all the compiled data; and maintain repository of the provincial data;
5. Feed forward the validated data to the regional and provincial levels as per the programme timelines;
6. Any other as assigned by the supervisor.
1. A national of Afghanistan
2. Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/IT
3. Minimum 2 years of relevant data management experience.
4. Experience in international agencies is an asset.
5. Good working knowledge of English and local languages.
6. Resident of the area of assignment or proven affiliation/familiarity with it.
7. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team and adapt to diverse social and cultural background
8. Maintain high standards of personal conduct and integrity.
9. Willingness to work long hours and weekends, especially during important activities such conferences/meetings, vaccination campaigns, and other essential events.
2. Communicating in a credible and effective way
3. Knowing and managing your self
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1. The candidate should have at least two years of working experience with data entrance.
2. Should have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
3. Should be able to speak Dari, Pashto, and Basic English.
4. Should be able to work during the campaigns until late hours.
5. Should be able to work independently and in a team.
6. The candidate should have no dual responsibilities and will be FULL time staff, if recruited.
Essential: Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/IT.
Essential: At least two year experience in Data area.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN/Government/NGO system
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
Screening of the candidates.
Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List – Further shortlist shall be done based on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-09-83) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Applicants must mention the province name they are applying for in the subject line.
• ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.