DAAD 2022 MENA Digital Summer School for Students in Middle East & North Africa
- Post Date:June 27, 2022
- Views 58
- Gender BothIndustry EducationQualification Diploma
- Number of Opportunities 1Location GermanyFunding Type Partial Funded
- Language English
The MENA Digital Summer School is a hybrid seminar on digital transformation targeting aspiring innovators from the MENA region in the field of digital transformation. The course aims at providing MENA relevant best of class learning. It uses cases and business contacts that will enable digital managers of the region to develop their transformation projects, initiatives, and policies successfully. MENA DSS brings together like-minded people from different crafts and professional backgrounds.
The course will include practical modules on data management, machine learning, strategic planning, design and management methods, transformation management, technical foresight, smart cities, as well as tackling socio-economic issues of digitization in the MENA region. Moreover, field visits to communities and sessions with experts and leaders in the spheres of business, politics, economy, culture, academia, and media in Germany are offered. The course will also provide electives that relate to the
projects/aspirations of the participants (e.g. MENA-platform strategies, digital culture, women in tech-networks, and more)
Aim and Benefits of MENA Digital Summer School
The scholarship covers course participation, flight costs, as well as accommodation and travel costs during the in-person module in Germany.
Requirements for MENA Digital Summer School Qualification
- If you are a successful graduate students and young entrepreneurs between the age of 20 – 40 who show particular promise in their respective fields of endeavor, this call can be interesting for you.
- Applicants shall be nationals of the following states and currently reside in their country of origin or another state of the MENA region (Middle East &North Africa): Mauretania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestinian Territories, Iraq, Djibouti, Comoros, member states of the GCC).
- Participants are expected to apply with a project idea for digital innovation.
How to Apply
Link to application website
Link to the general outline of the MENA DS vision
For more details, visit DAAD website.