Customer Engineer, Security, Google Cloud
- Post Date:August 8, 2022
- Views 18
- Experience 7 YearsGender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Master’s DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Atlanta, GA, USA Chicago, IL, USA Sunnyvale, CA, USA | + 1 more location
About the job
As a Customer Engineer, you will help us grow our cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with customers. You will be a trusted advisor to customers and an advocate for our security solutions, providing support to C-level, Security Leaders, Architects, and Analysts to lead projects forward. You’ll accompany customers in discovering the technology/solution and consult around the best way to secure and ensure compliance. You’ll optimize for results when in production, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with Security Sales and Google Cloud teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical and compliance objections, and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers.
- Work with all Google Cloud Security products to demonstrate and validate solution benefits in customer and partner environments. Maintain excellent technical knowledge.
- Support Google Cloud Security opportunities and relationships, own technical aspects of solutions, and deliver compelling technical presentations, product and solution briefings, proofs-of-concepts, and demos to customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight our solutions value proposition using techniques including presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management, and response documents.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a technical sales engineering role in security or cloud native environments.
- Experience in cybersecurity (e.g., threat detection, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Cloud or Security industry certifications.
- Experience implementing security solutions for enterprises (e.g., threat detection and hunting, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Knowledge of product and solution market trends in the cybersecurity industry (e.g., ransomware, attack frameworks, zero trust, etc.).
- Ability to speak publicly and deliver compelling technical presentations.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, presentation, and active listening skills.