- Post Date:December 20, 2022
- Apply Before: December 2, 2022
- Views 10
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number ADF-129Location Herat
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to increase lending to the agriculture sector to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that
support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and can enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until it transitions to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
The Credit Specialist position is one of the key positions in the ADF with the major responsibilities to propose suitable loan applicants for the ADF management review and approval. The Credit Specialist works under direct supervision of Regional Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the agricultural companies, associations and cooperatives as well as financial institutions to develop financing arrangements necessary for the loans.
- Develop and appraise loan proposals in various stages like the preliminary scrutiny, working out on financial viability/bankability (balance sheet analysis, cash flows projection, ratio analysis, sensitivity analysis, etc.).
- Support agricultural value chain technical specialists to manage credit risk by assessing the technical feasibility of the loan applications and provides required training and TA to the ADF borrowers in production, processing and market development, increasing their likelihood of success and therefore increasing the probability of repayments.
- Make sure that the proposed loan applications from the different provinces are financially and technically feasible to invest in certain period of time and provides inputs to ADF decision makers in different stages of their decisions in order to make sure that the proposed ADF loan assists the Afghan Agribusinesses and also to reduce the risk for both parties (ADF and its clients).
- Arranging of Credit Shuras and other marketing activities with the collaboration of Regional Supervisor.
- Ensure legal contracts and loan disbursements documents are accurate and complete.
- Manage on-going relationship with the clients after the disbursement and have regular visits.
- Follow up regularly with the existing clients to ensure timely repayments.
- Ensure the targets given are achieved.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Commerce/Economics.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in an equivalent/similar positions.
- Experience working in financial services, banks and in private business.
- Must have Knowledge of Islamic Financing
- Experience supporting loan proposals development process.
- Ability to analyze loan documentation and prepare financial statements.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to grasp key agricultural concepts and value chain.
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number (ADF- 129 ) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address.