- Post Date:December 19, 2022
- Views 28
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number CookLocation Kabul
1. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest
humanitarian organization, with 189 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross
and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality,
neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. The Afghanistan country office
supports ARCS capacity building and programme implementation guided by the ARCS established
2. The IFRC Country Office Cook exists to provide support that enable the Afghan Red Crescent Society as
well as the IFRC institutional, programs and various departments to deliver on the S2020 goals for the
benefit of the vulnerable communities in respect to the three strategic aims; 1) Save lives, protect
livelihoods and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises. 2) Enable healthy and safe living. 3)Promote social inclusion and a culture of non-violence and peace.
3. The IFRC Cook is exit to work through providing efficient delivery and functioning of the IFRC
administration support to all Program and Departments staff including guest/visitors in the Country
Office, via cooking lunch as per the instruction and normal standards, enhanced safe hygienic conditions
in all kitchen room. provide efficient supports the capacity building of the Afghan Red Crescent Society at
Headquarter any time will required.
Prepare lunch and Ensure kitchen room, equipment, tools and lunchroom has clean from dust and hygienic every day.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carried out necessary shopping and food items in agreement with the admin and maintenance officer in office.
- Enhanced safe hygienic conditions in all kitchen room
- Well managed lunch during big gathering, training workshops and other planned events as per given
- direction from the line supervisor
- Manage his own-workload as usual
- Washing floor of kitchen room as appropriate
- Kept clean lunchroom
- Well receive guest and visitor.
- To deliver administrative/operative duties in accordance with clear and detailed procedures in order to provide a high-quality service.
- To respond to routine internal/external enquiries from the ARCS or external parties.
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Completion of secondary school education or equal experiences
- Experience of good communication
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience
- 3 years’ work experience with the humanitarian organizations
- Other essential experience
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners
- Good English spoken
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari and Pushto)
Core competencies – a high degree of competence in Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; flexibility; imitative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience.
The person specification may vary due to operation requirements.
Interested Candidate who meets job requirement are encouraged to send their CVs in PDF format before the deadline.
Please mention the ( Cook ) in subject line , otherwise CVs without mentioning position wouldn’t be considered.