Consulting Project Manager - Healthcare & Life Sciences Service Line
- Post Date:June 19, 2022
- Views 110
- Experience 3 YearsGender BothIndustry Management
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1364507
- Location Multiple Locations, United States
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey join us as a Consulting Project Manager for the Healthcare & Life Sciences Service Line.
We’re looking for exceptional project managers to partner with internal & external stakeholders to lead Healthcare Service Line delivery projects with deep expertise in project management skillset. The project manager will be responsible for leading the project team to manage and deliver healthcare & life science projects successfully within the constraints of time, scope, budget and meeting customer expectations.
Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves. Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!
- Engages with other project managers and customer stakeholders at the customer site using technical expertise, develops stakeholder relationships, and escalates issues and ambiguous situations as needed.
- Facilitates customer satisfaction by engaging with customers in a positive manner, reviewing customer feedback, and builds trusted relationships and supports colleagues in leveraging trusted relationships with internal resources to act as the voice of the customer with guidance from mentors on politically sensitive matters. Manages expectations by leading Conditions of Satisfaction (COSs) discussions with customer, and documenting, executing, and monitoring accordingly.
- Adheres to project compliance standards (e.g., confidentiality, privacy) and requirements of the contract.
- Drives project initiation for projects of low complexity (e.g., standard offerings, single domain) and/or medium complexity (e.g., multiple offerings, multiple domains) with support from senior colleagues by driving commitment of delivery resources, assigning resources, and creating work breakdown structures (WBSs) with delivery team.
- Supports contracting process by socializing the need for partner resourcing and assimilating partner resources to the project (e.g., filling out forms in line with contract, liaising with partner resource managers, collecting technical requirements for resources).
- Develops detailed project management plan to drive predictable delivery for projects of low complexity and/or medium complexity with support from senior colleagues, leveraging existing materials, to drive scope, resources, and Microsoft project schedule in alignment and collaboration with customer plan. Participates in basic contingency planning.
- Establishes clear expectations and accountabilities (e.g., reconfirm scope, Responsible-Accountable-Consulted-Informed matrix) with all project team members (e.g., consultants) and stakeholders for teams of low complexity through participation in internal and external kick-off meetings (e.g., sales to delivery handoff, formal kick-off meetings). Interacts with default stakeholders (e.g., customer sponsor, Microsoft project team members) and engages subject matter experts in holistic planning activities including team validation.
Monitoring and Controlling
- Oversees core project metrics projects of standard complexity to ensure adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Monitors and tracks risks and issues within projects of standard complexity, leveraging technical knowledge to identify and evaluate risks, perform qualitative analyses (e.g., probability, impact, urgency), record and track mitigation plans using available tools to input and update risk, and work with cross-functional groups to mitigate identified risks. Escalates risk scenarios through senior colleagues and customers as needed.
- Maintains quality deliverable (e.g., documents) for projects of standard complexity by identifying requirements, developing plans, tracking outputs. Follows standard quality management processes and accommodates some customer acceptance requirements.
- Follows established change processes and confirms change with customer before formally initiating the process.
- Manages finances for projects with small to mid-size scopes and budgets by tracking financial metrics and ensuring budgetary targets are met.
- Provides regular project status updates for small to mid-size deals and ensures stakeholders are informed. Tracks and maintains customer deliverables.
- Maintains timely project closure by completing project sign off tasks (e.g., system closeout updates, deletion of customer data, Deliverable Acceptance Form). Drives incremental process improvement by reflecting on and sharing lessons learned with team and suggesting improvements to intellectual property (IP).
- Applies intermediate knowledge of project management principles to execution and delivery, serves as a mentor to junior colleagues, and builds his or her own capability through experience.
- Utilizes existing intellectual property (IP) and collective knowledge and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field AND 3+ years experience in project management
- OR Master’s Degree in related field AND 2+ years experience in project management
- OR Doctorate Degree in related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the Healthcare Industry
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field AND 5+ years’ experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 1+ year(s) financial management experience.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, remotely working. You can expect limited global travel, 0-25%, and is contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $112,000 and $205,000. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away