Consultant and Faulty, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Post Date:September 20, 2022
- Views 31
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Consultant and Faulty, Obstetrics and Gynecology (FMIC/HR/383)Location Kabul
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, especially those affecting the reproductive system and the process of childbirth. Provide service and education aligned with the mission and vision of institution and the academic programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Job Responsibilities as Consultant of Obstetrics and Gynecology:
- Consultation of Obstetrics & Gynecology patients.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal and post-natal periods.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Prescribe or administer medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Consult with, or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Provide on job Training for junior doctors and assistants.
- Performing Gynecology and Obstetrics relevant surgical procedures.
- Support Head of Department in day-to-day activities.
- Preform other relevant duties assigned by Supervisor
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly rosters.
- As a consultant fulfilling the requirements mentioned in the consultant JD.
- Faculty will spend 25% to 30 % of his/her working hours for didactic/ protected teaching time and the rest of the times will be spending for the work-based teaching activities.
- As teacher conducting certain topics of Generic curriculum (required workshops) for Residents.
- Contribution and cooperation with the department Program Director in preparing academic work plans based related Curriculum.
- Monitoring and helping Residents on training affairs, seminars, case presentations, attendance, medical ethics, and professional behaves, etc.
- Motivating trainees for studying and using valuable resources including journals, treatment guidelines, books, and etc.
- Developing the competencies and skills of related trainees which are mentioned in related curriculum and guidelines.
- Monitoring and approving the academic logbooks of the related trainees.
- Proposing the monograph and thesis subjects of the trainees to the department session.
- Contributing in implementation of the related curriculum and PGME guideline in the department.
- Helping Program director in making regular academic reporting.
- Participating in the academic session of the hospital and the PGME sessions and councils as required and the committees which has their membership.
- Developing his/her scientific and professional level and Developing modern ways of medical service including Diagnosis and treatment of the patients in the department (Evidence based medicine)
- Contribution in research and epidemiology, clinical audit, journal club.
- Any other assignment given him/her by authorities aligned with PGME Program
- Evaluation of Residents
- Participating in Question formulation for exams
- Participation in implementation of PGME induction plan
- Participation in National and international workshops, training and conferences as required.
Qualification and requirements:
- At least specialization certificate/ diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology from a recognized hospital/ institute. Recognized Trainer Specialist in the field of obstetrics and gynecology by the Ministry of Public Health of Afghanistan.
- Registered with the Afghan Medical Council.
- Must be able to speak English and Local Language/s clearly and fluently.
- Must have proficiency of Microsoft Office Programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Having good Supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope up with stress full situation.
- Excellent professional skills in relevant field
- Good skills in management and administrative competencies
- Documented educational, academic and scientific capacities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in English language
- Advance skills in MS Office programs
- Committed for continuous professional improvement
- Resident advocacy skills and interest
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.