Consortium Senior Manager
- Post Date:November 20, 2022
- Views 16
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 220007ZPLocation Kabul
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers.
Save the Children seeks a Consortium Senior Manager for a two-year ECW funded education programme. The Consortium Senior Manager will oversee coordination, implementation, quality assurance and achievement of consortium goals, and provide necessary strategic and operational leadership. The Consortium Senior Manager reports directly to the Program Implementation Director and ensures technical implementation of high-impact, proven interventions that meet stated goals and reporting requirements. S/he will be based in Kabul, with potential travel to the program areas.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the Operational Management Group and coordinate planning, project reviews, evaluation activities and project implementation activities with team members, project partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program is delivered according to the contractual requirement with the donor and government (i.e., that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget, reports are submitted as per agreed schedules, and any other requirements or criteria are fulfilled).
- Design and regularly update detailed annual work plan and ensure these are used by the team appropriately to monitor progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives.
- Ensure technical alignment of programmatic and financial reports for the donor, government, and Save the Children. This includes working closely with consortium, partners project staff including technical advisors to ensure reports are of the highest technical quality and submitted in a timely manner to the donor. Comply and adhere to the grant compliance regulations of Save the Children as well as ECW.
- Mentor and supervise direct reports to achieve their work plan objectives and to contribute to the achievement of the overall program goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with officials, government ministries, implementing partners, and the international and local NGO community.
- Work with program staff, Save the Children Technical Advisors, and consortium partners to identify the technical support needs of the program and ensure this support is provided.
- Monitor country-level activities, identify challenges, and develop appropriate reporting and results of project activities, including progress and annual reports.
- Coordinate closely with the SC offices in administrative and HR matters, especially regarding operations and financial matters as they relate to the program.
- Attend and actively participate in periodic program meetings and ensure a summary of progress and challenges are prepared and presented with follow-up actions as required.
- Post holder need to have proper planning for field visits and monitor the project implementation closely at field level.
- Plan to do capacity building of the programme staff by delivering timely feedbacks during the project implementation.
- Coordinate closely with the SC CO and field offices teams during the project audit process.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in relevant areas of expertise, international development or related field.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of Afghanistan.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience in managing and implementing complex technical projects of similar size and scope in a development context,
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and enable others through teamwork, training, and capacity building to realize organizational objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of local languages.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and Cover Letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.